About the job
At Equitable, our power is in our people.
We’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities. Here, you’ll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking. Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
Description Of Responsibilities
- Providing guidance and direction to leadership concerning preparations necessary to aid in the prevention and early detection of cyber events, including improving visibility and structural changes within the corporate IT and Cybersecurity infrastructure
- Providing rapid identification, analysis and scoping of cyber events to Incident Managers
- Providing clear guidance toward containment and remediation of cyber events to Incident Managers and IT Operations personnel
- Driving incidents to resolution with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Driving improvements to event analysis operations and assisting with the management of detection algorithms and use-cases, including reducing false positives and working with various Cybersecurity teams to tune and improve accuracy of alerting
- Demonstrating proficiency in developing and reporting Managed and Ad-Hoc threat hunting exercises
- Leading small to medium size cybersecurity projects
Agile Methodologies: Knowledge of concept and principles of agile methodology; ability to apply appropriate agile approaches in the processes of software development and delivery.
Confidentiality: Knowledge of practices and policies governing disclosure of information about the organization, its business activities, and employees; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of the organization’s industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply industry knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Information Security Management: Knowledge of the processes, tools and techniques of information security management; ability to deploy and monitor information security systems, while detecting, controlling and preventing violations of IT security.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating for change.
- 3+ years of experience in a combination of Cybersecurity and IT
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or related field of study preferred
- Hands-on technical Cybersecurity experience across multiple domains of Cybersecurity
- Technical understanding of Mac OSX, Microsoft Windows and Linux/Unix system administrative and security controls
- Familiarity with incident response and security operations within public cloud environments
- Familiarity with incident response and security operations withing large corporate on-prem environments including co-located data centers
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively and clearly to both technical and non-technical staff
- Experience with Active Directory, LDAP, TACACS, and other access and Identity management technologies
At Equitable, we’re a team of over ten thousand strong; committed to helping our clients secure their financial well-being so that they can pursue long and fulfilling lives.
We turn challenges into opportunities by thinking, working, and leading differently – where everyone is a leader. We encourage every employee to leverage their unique talents to become a force for good at Equitable and in their local communities.
We are continuously investing in our people by offering growth, internal mobility, comprehensive compensation and benefits to support overall well-being, flexibility, and a culture of collaboration and teamwork.
We are looking for talented, dedicated, purposeful people who want to make an impact. Join Equitable and pursue a career with purpose.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.
NOTE: Equitable participates in the E-Verify program.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform the essential job functions of this position, please contact Human Resources at (212) 314-2211 or email us at TalentAcquisition@equitable.com.
UNITED STATES, UNITED STATES-NC-Charlotte
- Address Syracuse, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5