AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
AbbVie Information Security is looking for a highly motivated, diligent, and skillful Site Reliability Engineer to join the Cyber Security Engineering (CSE) Team. The CSE Team, working within the Cyber Security Operations (CSO) function, is responsible for designing, deploying, maintaining, and optimizing the toolsets in use by the Information Security teams. Join us as a Site Reliability Engineer, Cyber Security Engineering to support and improve our efforts to defend against adversaries and help our business continue to have remarkable impacts on people’s lives.
The Site Reliability Engineer will be responsible for ensuring production systems in use by the Security Teams are operating smoothly, within uptime objectives, and updated with the latest content and functionality. The SRE, coordinating with DevOps engineers and developers, will monitor the pulse of system performance and capacity, proactively recommending and implementing changes while automating ‘toil’ and repetitive tasks.
The ideal candidate should have prior experience with cloud service offerings, scripting, Linux administration, serverless architectures, and containerization of applications.
- Contribute to architecture, design, and implementation of new and existing systems to enhance performance, reliability, and scalability
- Build and implement CI/CD pipelines
- Assist with the Management, Development, Design, and Deployment of microservice containerized applications
- Coordinate with engineers and developers to automate deployments and configurations across various platforms
- Development of alerts/notifications and response to monitoring tools
- Contribute to poste-mortems and provide root cause analysis and implementation of resulting action items
- Promote DevOps best-practices within the team
- Participate and promote Agile/Scrum
- Contribute to hybrid cloud production containerization service offering
- Design and implement standards, policies, and procedures for automations and integrations
- Treat best practices for security as a requirement, not an afterthought
- Knowledge of Cloud Platform administration (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience in working in high-scale environments and understanding of distributed architectures
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of Agile / DevOps methodologies
- Basic understanding og CI/CD tools (Github Actions, Bamboo, Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- Familiarity with running docker workloads using orchestration tools (Kubernetes / Amazon ECS)Ability to work both independently without direction and within a group for day-to-day activities
- Passion for learning new concepts and processes quickly, and adapting to a changing environment
- Comfortable working in and administering Linux and Windows environments
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, privacy principles, cyber threats, and vulnerabilities
- Proficiency working with development tools and scripting languages (git / mercurial / subversion; Python / PowerShell / Go)
- Knowledge of database management systems (NoSQL, Relational Databases, and associated query languages)
- AWS Cloud Practitioner / Azure AZ-900 Certification
- Experience in implementation and design of serverless architecture solutions
- Demonstrated experience in deployment of containerized applications (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with data management and pipeline technologies (Apache Storm, Kafka, Flink, Spark, Hadoop, etc)
- Prior experience working in an Agile team
- Proven troubleshooting skills across technologies
- Working Knowledge of SIEM and SOAR tools
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.