Apr 17, 2022
Location: Bonita Springs, Florida, United States
Company: Herc Rentals
Req #: 36806
Herc Rentals Inc. is a premier, full-service equipment rental firm – providing our customers the equipment, services and solutions they need to achieve optimal performance safely, efficiently and effectively. A pioneer of the equipment rental industry, Herc Rentals continues to evolve and grow through technological innovations, expanded product offerings and value-added services and consultative solutions to support its customers’ projects.
With more than 55 years of equipment rental expertise, approximately 5,100 employees and approximately 295 company-operated locations across North America, Herc Rentals serves a broad range of end markets, including construction; industrial operations, refineries and petrochemical operations; governmental entities and contractors; disaster recovery and remediation; infrastructure; railroad operations; utilities; film, television, live entertainment and special event production; agricultural operations; and facilities management..
The Senior System Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. Senior System Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. This individual will also mentor and provide guidance to the Systems Engineer staff.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision-makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls for AWS, Office365, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, Windows Hello/PKI, Windows 10 desktops, and servers.
- Assists in the development, testing and operations for firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus, data leakage systems, threat detection and software deployment tools.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Reviews and administers information security requirements for infrastructure systems to determine if they have been designed to comply with established standards.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems.
- Provide guidance and assign tasks to System or Security Engineers
- The Senior System Engineer will have a bachelor’s degree and 10 years of Engineering experience, associate degree and 12 years related experience, or 15 years related experience.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of security administration experience, specifically in AD, OS, database, and operations.
- ITIL certification is a plus
- Recent MCSE certification a plus
- Other IT-related certification favorable
- System administration experience in a Microsoft Windows environment required.
- Experience with VMWare (Private Cloud) required
- Experience with SSO and MFA solutions are a plus
- Experience using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data; programming experience is a plus
- Experience with Linux a plus
- Experience with public cloud a plus
- Experience developing technical diagrams and topology maps with various software applications.
- Experience with all aspects of high availability fault tolerant architectures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task, change direction, effectively prioritize, and meet deadlines
Our long-term strategy underscores the understanding that our success depends on the dedication and capability of our team members. We are focused on attracting, retaining and empowering talented and dedicated people to build the best team in the equipment rental industry. We also seek to build a team that reflects the variety of people, cultures and communities we interact with every day and to create an inclusive, productive environment in which all team members feel valued and respected.
Herc Rentals provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive medical, dental, vision care, life insurance coverage, paid vacation and holidays.
Herc does not discriminate in employment based on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, political affiliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
- Address Bonita Springs, FL, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20