*Position is contingent upon contract award.
Requirements: The candidate will plan and oversee the development of software and hardware integration activities to customer specifications with minimal supervision. The candidate coordinates with customer representatives to develop technical requirements from customer input, and then coordinates with subordinates to direct system and subsystem design and development to meet technical requirements. This spans development, implementation, testing, documentation, and installation of hardware and software systems and equipment.
- Interprets requirements and complex specifications to identify potential technical solutions.
- Ensures adherence and conformance to schedule/cost requirements and to specifications through supervision of the verification, validation, testing and debugging of solutions.
- Oversees and manages the installation and test of systems.
- Assists training of users in the operation of the system.
- Translates customer requirements and prepares a System/Subsystem Specification.
- Fifteen (15) years experience solving complex Department of Defense engineering and technical problems in a senior level role.
- Requires competence with software/hardware design and development of large-scale systems, the application of software standards, industry quality assurance, quality control, independent verification and validation techniques, testing standards, and computer assisted software engineering techniques and design philosophies.
- Must have demonstrable ability to lead and manage teams of three to eight personnel with minimal supervision, and to exercise independent judgment in task execution.
- Desired experience with US Army sensor platforms.
- Experience with requirements and software configuration management tools. Strong understanding of agile development practices and the Atlassian tool suite is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, systems or software engineering from an accredited college or university and 15 years of subsequent experience in positions with increasing levels of responsibility.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires U. S. Citizenship status with ability to obtain a SECRET to TOP SECRET security clearance. Security Clearance requirements will be specified in the Government’s Task Order.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above is intended to describe the general contents of and requirements for the performance of this job.
Cole Engineering Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, membership in an employee organization, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws.
- Address Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20