About the job
About the team
We are an engineering and business development team that is passionate about building and configuring secure, well-designed, and efficiently automated systems for internal customers at Zillow. These systems increase employee productivity, security, and improve scalability so that each member of Zillow is fully equipped to perform their daily job functions, and Zillow is prepared to grow as fast as we need to. Our platforms consist of both first party and third party cloud applications to support our dynamic environment. Your work with us will be highly visible throughout Zillow Group and has a significant impact on many parts of the business!About the role
As an Automation Engineer on the Automation and Process Improvement team, you will work on a variety of automation initiatives using a broad technology toolkit. To help us continue to scale, automating manual processes and optimizing for efficiency are crucial for our business and central to this role. You’ll be given the opportunity to bring your own experience and abilities to directly shape how we work. No two days will be the same and you’ll be exposed to a wide variety of technologies and partner teams throughout Zillow Group’s portfolio of brands.
As a Senior Systems Development Engineer, you will:
- Work closely with the Help Desk, Client Engineering, ServiceNow, and Workday teams (among others), as well as key partners across the business, to build, maintain, and improve solutions to automate common IT activities and workflows.
- Sync/Transform Workday attributes for storage in Active Directory to support business initiatives
- Coordinate SCIM/OIDC Okta implementations to drive provisioning and permissions for first- and third-party SaaS apps
- Create Powershell-backed tool kits for the Help Desk Team to accelerate frequent operations
- Automate the creation of security groups/distribution lists off Workday attributes
- Transmit unique password custom login sheets in support of onboarding new employees at scale, including for mergers and acquisitions
- Create flow diagrams, key-value pair mapping tables, and other representations of data and its utilization during solution design, to ensure efficient functionality of automation, facilitate more thorough testing, and illuminate impacts and dependencies on up/downstream systems
- Facilitate secure, scalable, and reliable transference of data between systems using APIs as well as proprietary integrations such as Microsoft AzureAD Sync and Okta’s Active Directory integration
- Look for opportunities to improve upon existing solutions, both in terms of elegance and feature-richness, as well as maintainability and scalability, demonstrating ownership of that set of solutions and technologies
- Create and update documentation of as-built solutions and participate in knowledge transfer sessions to ensure that the team is able to support those solutions collectively
- Contribute your experience and expertise to growing the knowledge and skills of the team as a whole, and be actively involved in growing your own understanding of the technologies and implementations in use
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are:
- 5-8 years of proven experience successfully automating IT processes in a large enterprise context
- Extensive familiarity with key automation frameworks/languages, such as Python, PowerShell, AngularJS, React, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Jenkins, Okta Workflows, Robotic Process Automation, Machine Learning, Chatbots
- Experience with the following: ServiceNow, Cloud infrastructure (in particular, AWS), Infrastructure as Code, Logging technologies such as Splunk and Information Security domain/technologies (such as PAM, MDM, etc)
- Extensive experience designing, writing, and automating test cases for built features
- Able to operate autonomously using good judgment, surfacing knowledge gaps to the team, management, and partners when appropriate
- Able to break down sophisticated problems and effectively solve systems, networking, and storage issues
- Proven experience working on an Agile team on large scale IT projects
In Colorado, the standard pay range for this role is $144,000 – $230,000.00 Annually. This range is specific to Colorado and may not be applicable to other locations
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter. As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates offer customers an on-demand real experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move — and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. We’re also building the workplace of the future, where our employees are less tethered to the office, and have more flexibility in their lives. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® List 2021, TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2021, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and HRC’s Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2021, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2021, and Fortune Best Workplaces for Women 2021.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.
- Salary Offer $144,000/yr - $230,000.00/yr
- Address Seattle, WA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10