Are you interested in working on a fast-paced Agile team, building modern high traffic cloud software? Do you want to work on a product that makes a difference in the day-to-day life of veterinarians and pet owners? Are you a leader? We are looking for a motivated engineer to join the System Reliability Team to help drive performance, stability and customer satisfaction with the product and the team. The ideal candidate will have a track record of leading technical initiatives to meet timelines and meet the expectations of various stakeholders.
The right veterinary software is critical to operations, clinical outcomes, client relationships, and more. IDEXX offers the software and services—and partnerships—that practices of all types and sizes need to succeed. Dedicated, proactive support and training, plus unmatched integration, have made us an AAHA Preferred Provider of veterinary software—and the choice of more than 125,000 veterinary professionals.
Visit https://careers.idexx.com/us/en/software to learn more about Software at IDEXX.
In This Role:
- You will work closely with product and support team ensure customer expectations are being met
- You will provide leadership and mentor teammates
- You will act as steward of the application, ensuring that security, technical debt, system reliability and stability are addressed
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- 5+ years’ experience as a full stack engineer delivering enterprise level software
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to make data driven decisions
- Ability to transform business requirements into technical solutions
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience championing technical initiatives within an engineering team
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, MySQL, front end JS frameworks and Jenkins
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience or aptitude for leading a technical team and people management
- Experience interfacing with business partners to ensure customer needs are being met
- Understanding of technical design patterns to ensure overall quality and stability
We’re proud of the work we do because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 10,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.
- Address Maine, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10