Bloomberg is the market leader for financial data and workflows globally, serving hundreds of thousands of financial professionals, a variety of players at banks, hedge funds and other market participants. The Security Infrastructure SRE team is responsible for running security infrastructure as a service for other internal security teams. Bloomberg’s network is constantly evolving and our team provides the solutions to ensure visibility, detection, and response capabilities to our company‘s security teams. Some of our internal clients are the cyber security operations center (CSOC), cyber incident response team (CIRT) and other internal security engineering teams.
The team is part of a wider Platform Security group, which in partnership with Bloomberg’s Security Architecture and Information Security operations teams, designs, develops and deploys security products and solutions internally. The goal of the wider group is to enable application teams to deliver secure products to our clients, supporting our operational security teams in detection and analysis of unusual behaviors, supporting response if necessary, and enabling workplace agility without compromising security.
We are an open source first team, favoring open standards where possible, and building on open source technology where available. Our products are built using a variety of frameworks, programming languages and technology stacks. Many members of our team are active open source contributors, looking to give back to these communities, wherever possible.
- Ensure the stability of the existing infrastructure while working on the next generation of infrastructure as a service
- Use Infrastructure as Code (IaC) deployments for scalable, fully automated deployments
- Deploy large scale visibility tools across hosts and networks
- Work with heterogeneous systems including but not limited to servers, databases, security appliances and software to ensure high availability of all applications and infrastructure as a service
- Build automated deployment pipelines, monitoring and failover
- Continuously re-evaluate, automate and modernize applications and infrastructure to meet the latest security, industry and company-wide standards
- Support custom in-house applications, open source and commercial tools
- Integrate with a mix of on-premises and public cloud applications to provide security visibility wherever necessary
What’s in it for you:
- Join a fast growing team of engineers working on interesting projects with direct impact to the company‘s security posture
- Work on critically important software and infrastructure that directly protects our customers and employees
- An encouraging environment for both teaching and learning
- A collaborative department with several security development and SRE teams that work closely together
We’ll trust you to:
- Help apply SRE best practices to our solutions
- Engineer solutions to monitor the health, availability, and capacity of our environment
- Use automation to bring scalability and efficiency to our systems
- Maintain monitoring of our systems and provide solutions that can react to those alarms to minimize client impact and manual intervention
- Assist in architecting large-scale secure solutions for our teams products
- Define service level objectives and appropriate metrics to measure our performance against those objectives
- Automate the configuration and management of infrastructure and applications with modern orchestration tools
- Troubleshoot applications, networks, and operating systems
- Write software in languages such as Python to automate tasks and interact with APIs
- Assist our organization’s development teams with CI/CD pipelines
- Work with internally developed, open source and commercial security applications and appliances
- Migrate workloads to containerization technologies
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant SWE or SRE role
- Orchestration and Automation Frameworks: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt or similar
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Programming and testing: python, golang, or similar
- Familiarity with logging and metrics: Splunk, Crowdstrike Falcon Logscale, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana
- Networking: Understanding of TCP/IP, OSI model and common protocols. Ability to troubleshoot network issues
- System administration knowledge: OS and service administration and hardening (HTTP, DNS, NTP, SMTP, Active Directory, LDAP and other common services) for the purposes of integration, automation, and troubleshooting
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools
This position requires at least one of the following:
- a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, and/or
- an equivalent combination of education, and/or
- specialized training, and/or
- related professional experience.
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
Salary Range: 160,000 – 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus
The referenced salary range is based on the Company‘s good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
- Salary Offer 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually
- Address New York, NY, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5