The Edge Access & Security team is responsible for building the platform, technology and solutions that allow our employees to work effectively and securely irrespective of their location. The team is part of a larger Platform Security group that is responsible for building the foundational tools and technologies to enable Bloomberg to deliver its products and services securely. Some of the core focus areas of this group include:
- Data encryption & secrecy
- Strong authentication frameworks
- Next generation resource access in a hybrid work environment
- Security detection & analytics using big data technologies
In today’s world, ubiquitous access to corporate resources, services and data are no longer just nice to have. With the huge shift towards hybrid and remote work trends in the last couple of years, several challenges related to security, compliance, performance and overall user experience have emerged. Our team is at the forefront of solving these challenges with researching best in class approaches and implementing cohesive solutions using modern security paradigms. Our solutions are used by tens of thousands of users daily and are critical to their productivity. We are building out new capabilities on the edge of our network and have many interesting challenges yet to be solved around web technologies, network and application security, access control and user workflow.
We are an open source first team, favoring open standards where possible, and building on open source technology where available. Our products are built using a variety of frameworks, programming languages and technology stacks. Many members of our team are active open source contributors, looking to give back to these communities, wherever possible.
We’ll trust you to:
- Design and implement new product capabilities, features and tools following software development best practices.
- Work with team members and other engineering teams to design scalable and robust systems.
- Proactively recommend and contribute improvements to the platform.
- Work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions.
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years working with an object-oriented programming language and proficiency in (Python, Go or C++)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Experience architecting, developing and troubleshooting web technologies.
- Good understanding of security protocols such as HTTPS, TLS, SAML and OpenID Connect.
- Basic networking concepts and standard methodologies.
- Knowledge of common building blocks of Edge infrastructure such as reverse proxies, load balancers, VPN and firewalls.
- Professional experience in automated testing, CI/CD and all SDLC phases.
- Good communication skills and the ability to collaborate across teams, manage competing goals and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
We’d love to see:
- Experience building and maintaining critical distributed systems.
- Sound knowledge of security concepts and current trends such as zero trust security model, DLP etc.
- Past experience with web/application proxy infrastructure such as Envoy, Nginx, Azure Application Proxy or Google IAP.
- Workflow management and orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow or Celery.
- Contributions to open source projects.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
Salary Range: 160,000 – 240,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus
The referenced salary range is based on the Company‘s good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
- Salary Offer 160,000 - 240,000 USD Annually
- Address New York, NY, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10