What you’ll do…
Walmart Global Tech incubates next-gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for millions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open-source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and the web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.
Do you like solving problems? Do you like finding solutions that impact the protection of over 140 million people every week? Do you like innovating in a fast-paced growing environment? Do you have passion and experience in cloud technologies and platforms? Have you ever wondered what it’s like to do this on a global scale? What it’s like to know that your contributions are part of the data protection for customers around the world? If so, then come join our team
The InfoSec Decision Automation (IDA) team delivers advanced, data-driven services to enable scalable, risk-based vulnerability management for Walmart.
IDA is looking for a senior software engineer in Cybersecurity that has a passion for developing solutions and solving problems. Ideal candidates should have strong background in technology and security awareness. This role is a full-stack development role with exposure to big data processing, API development, SQL, Analytics and some UI development.
Title: Senior Software Engineer, Cybersecurity
Location: United States
Organization: Global Tech
Department: Information Security
What you’ll do
- Develop solution for Vulnerability life cycle management activities using various technologies and languages such as Java, Python, SQL, Apache Spark.
- Responsible for API integration with several data sources (like Scanner, pen testing, security and risk assessment, cloud config issues etc.) as part of vulnerability findings management.
- Create algorithms for vulnerability risk scoring mechanisms and analytics.
- Work on Third party products and custom frameworks in managing vulnerabilities for the enterprise
- Work on the back end data extracts, SQL and Graph queries
- Work on the data pipeline in Apache Spark and Big data technologies for data crunching
- Work on CI/CD pipeline of vulnerability metrics and management solutions and for upkeeping infrastructure and services.
- Responsible for operations, monitoring and upkeeping of the hosted services, products, reports and analytics
- Use your knowledge of applicable technology stacks, platforms and deployed controls to automate risk prioritization and mitigation
- You’ll work to design solutions which remove performance impacting barriers while increasing efficiency for decision automation and vulnerability management ecosystem.
Highly Desirable Skills
- Awareness of information across security technologies, trends, vulnerabilities, threats, and exploits.
- API, UI/UX design and development experience.
- Experience in building products, services, tools, scripting, data analytics, SQL and NO SQL technologies and working in bigdata environments
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages or technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- CISA, Security+ or any other security certification
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or related field within the last 10 years OR 4 years’ experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years.
- An individual who enjoys learning and building from experience to develop tools that will enable vast understanding of the environment for vulnerability analysis
- A quick learner who can partner with other technologists and leaders to deliver solutions securely at the speed of business
So, are you ready to be a part of best-in-class vulnerability management practice? If you are passionate about building out technologies securely at the speed of the business, then this will be a great place to consider. If you have a desire to make a difference and solve problems that have never been tackled before, then this is where you should be. Apply now and find out why 2.2M Walmart associates globally say #thisisthatplace.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years’ experience in information technology within the past 7 years OR 5 years’ experience in information technology or related field within the past 7 years OR a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certified Intrusion analyst (GCIAs), GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED), Certified Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP), GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), and/or Security+ certification, Mainframe Technology, Programming language or languages (for example, Java, C/C++, .NET, Rexx, Cobol, Powershell), SAP, Version control software (for example, Subversion, Git, Librarian), Working as a project or team lead, Writing SQL queries in a database platform (for example, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server).
10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA 20191, United States of America
- Address 10790 PARKRIDGE DR. SUITE 200, RESTON, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors