Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service, with over 200+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries. With all of that, we still have tremendous growth opportunities ahead of us, and our Identity and Access Management (IAM) platform plays a key role in laying the foundation for Netflix continued growth into original content and beyond.
Our IAM use cases continue to become more complex as we grow our investment in Netflix Originals content production ecosystems. Our workforce and partners are global, and they access our information with various patterns from various locations and devices. With security and ease of information access for our fast-paced growth in mind, we realize that the traditional corporate network security perimeter no longer meets our requirements. Instead, we invest in identity as a perimeter in the open internet, with a strong and reliable authentication and authorization strategy to protect our information. We achieve this by continuously developing our identity service, authorization platform, adaptive multi factor authentication system, and investing in Single Sign-On. We are still a growing team with a lot of impact to make and a strong focus on building a smart identity lifecycle to support the quickly changing needs of our business partners.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to grow our IAM platform as part of the Auth Services team that builds services to authenticate our users and enforce access control policy. This role is a unique opportunity to contribute to the strategy and development of critical services with a focus on security through identity, with scale and availability. There are still many areas of high impact within this space at Netflix, with the explosive growth of the workforce and partners in the content space, new solutions are required to meet our scale. This role requires strong collaboration skills to work across the company and with our security and engineering partners. You will take ownership of system design, implementation, partner integration, and rollout strategy.
To get an idea of what the team is working on, you can watch Building Identity for an Open Perimeter conference talk from your future teammates.
- Experience with and understanding of authentication, authorization, and accountability
- In depth experience with at least one programming language is preferred; we’ve invested heavily in Java and use other languages such as Go, C++ Python, NodeJS and more
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Experience architecting and building complex distributed systems
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful/gRPC APIs at scale
- Experience running services on top of a Cloud computing platform (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP)
Nice to have:
- Experience working with authentication and authorization protocols/frameworks (OpenID Connect, OAuth, or SAML)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Graph databases such as Neo4j
- Address Los Gatos, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors