About the job
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Work Location (State and City): Austin, TX and RTP, NC Preferred
Ready to grow your career in the Cloud? Want to have a feeling that you are making a difference? This is your chance to become an integral part of a dynamic team of talented professionals developing and deploying innovative, industry-leading, cloud-based services.
IBM Cloud Platform Services is a growing, agile, dynamic organization building and operating leading-edge, highly available, secure and distributed cloud services in IBM Cloud. We’re looking for experienced cloud software engineers to join us. This technical role is focused on designing, developing, automating and deploying common security controls, problem-solving, working across many service teams and helping them implement common tooling.
You will be part of a strong, agile, and modern team culture driven to create world-class development and deployment environments, delivering an industry leading user experience for our customers. As an integral part of the development team, you will get an opportunity to contribute to the cloud services architecture and design, strengthening our security posture while ensuring cloud stability.
Primary Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To
- Becoming an expert and major contributor for designs and implementation efforts of the IBM Cloud Platform Services ecosystem
- Developing highly secure, available, distributed cloud services and tooling, using technologies like Java, Node.js, Golang, Cloudant, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio and others.
- Identifying opportunities and acting on improving existing tools, frameworks and DevSecOps workflows
- Documenting and sharing your experience with other teams
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A minimum of a bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience working in Agile environment using Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- 3+ year of hands-on development experience building applications with one or more of the following: Java, Spring, Liberty, Node.js, Express.js, Golang, NoSQL DB, Redis, distributed caches, containers etc.
- 2+ years of experience building and operating highly secured, distributed cloud services with one or more of the following: IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, DevSecOps, SRE, CI/CD, Docker, container orchestration, performance testing, DevOps etc.
- Solid understanding of the micro-service architecture and modern cloud programming practices. Strong ability to design a clean, developer-friendly API.
- 1+ years of experience in security and controls.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Experience in cybersecurity and cryptography principles, certifications, and compliance, network and Application Security, knowledge on identity and access management – OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML, JWT, Multi-factor authentication, X509, TLS, etc.
- Passionate about constant, continuous learning and applying new technologies as well as mentoring others.
- Keen troubleshooting skills and strong verbal/written communication skills.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds – public, private, and hybrid – enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors