About the job
KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
The Information Technology (IT) group at KLA is involved in every aspect of the global business. IT’s mission is to enable business growth and productivity by connecting people, process, and technology. It focuses not only on enhancing the technology that enables our business to thrive but also on how employees use and are empowered by technology. This integrated approach to customer service, creativity and technological excellence enables employee productivity, business analytics, and process excellence.
We are in search of a Senior Security Architect that will work closely with architecture peers across all of Information Technology and Cybersecurity to ensure that projects and new initiatives are secured in accordance with cybersecurity audit and policy requirements. This individual will be responsible to help craft, build, continuously monitor and maintain our infrastructure through the use of state-of-the-art security tooling and process solutions. You will help to ensure data security and integrity across all cloud and on-prem platforms, evolving the KLA’s security program.
- Demonstrable ability to build sophisticated security plans
- Experience working in a risk based environment including mitigation and planning
- Superb communication and influencing skills, including the ability to simplify key messages, build compelling presentations and promote technical and personal credibility with internal and external executives, and both technical and non-technical audiences
- Articulation of consistent security principles and technology standards that guide design, engineering and deployment of secure products
- Collaboration across Enterprise Architecture and Cybersecurity to help mitigate security risks within the environment
- Acts strategically, staying abreast of trends and advances in IT/Cybersecurity solutions and supervises changes in the operating environment
- Develops external partnerships as appropriate, and develops, maintains, and communicates the Security Architecture strategy in partnership with senior Business and leaders
- Presents business updates, recommendations, strategic opportunities and assessments to leadership and senior management as needed
- Resolves security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Plans security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; preparing preventive and reactive measures; crafting, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security requirements by designing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures.
- Upgrades security by identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing improvements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Pursuit or completion of Security related certification (CISSP or CEH, etc.).
- Computer, infrastructure (full tech stack) and operating system knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to changes quickly and handle heavy ticket volumes.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide Cybersecurity services.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with various network and host-based security applications and tools, such as network and host assessment/scanning tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, and other security software packages.
- Knowledge of the NIST CSF, 800-171 and 800-53, CIS Top 20.
- Knowledge of confidentiality, integrity, and availability principles.
- Knowledge of vulnerability information dissemination sources (e.g., alerts, advisories, errata, and bulletins).
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools and their capabilities.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, DNS and directory services.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization, and access control methods.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity and privacy.
Master’s Level Degree or work experience of 6 years , Bachelor’s Level Degree or work experience of 7 years
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required where permitted by law. KLA will consider reasonable accommodation as provided by applicable law. Please note that accommodation may not be possible where vaccination is required for an essential function of the position, including for international travel or customer site access.
The company offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to the following: medical, dental, vision, life, and other voluntary benefits, 401(K) including company matching, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), student debt assistance, tuition reimbursement program, financial planning benefits, employee assistance program (EAP), paid time off and paid company holidays, family care and bonding leave.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
- Address Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10