Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service with 200+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. This is made possible, in part, by an engineering organization that enables our customers to stream content and our studio to produce content.
The Security Services Engineering organization supports the Netflix workforce by creating and operating authentication, authorization, and cryptographic software services. Our IAM use cases will continue to become more complex as we increase investment in Netflix Originals content production ecosystems, including Gaming. Our workforce and partners are global, and they access our information with different patterns from a variety of locations and devices. With security and ease of information access for our fast-paced growth in mind, we realize that the traditional corporate network security perimeter no longer meets our requirements. Instead, we invest in Identity as a perimeter in the open internet, with reliable and strong authentication and authorization service to protect our information.
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute to building services from the ground up with security, large scale, high availability, high throughput, and low latency in mind! You will be part of the Identity and Access Control team, focusing on core functionality to support all of the Netflix ecosystem (Enterprise, Studio and Gaming). You will take ownership of system design, implementation, partner integration, and rollout strategy for some of our foundational services.
If you are curious about some of the team’s work, you can watch this Building Identity for an Open Perimeter conference talk by our IAM engineers. Another recommended read is this blog post about how product and application security operates in the Netflix culture.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You are a pragmatic security software engineer who believes in risk focused, scalable security approaches with a strong technical background in developing low latency, high resiliency, and high-availability, services.
- Strong IAM fundamentals – AAA (Authentication, Authorization, Accountability), and Identity lifecycle
- In-depth experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java (preferred), C++, C#, or Python, and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
- You prefer collaboration and problem solving over process and mandates and are also comfortable dealing with ambiguity and independent decision making.
- Experience architecting and building complex distributed systems
- Experience running services on top of a Cloud computing platform (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP)
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a product focused mindset to build the right solutions for your stakeholders and customers.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with authentication and authorization protocols/frameworks (OpenID Connect, OAuth, SAML)
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment in a Cloud platform
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Hive, Presto, Spark, or Cassandra
- Experience with Graph database
- Experience with GraphQL
- Address USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5