Job ID 820255BR
Location Anaheim, California, United States
Business Disneyland Resort
Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
Our charter is to provide a world-class product that weaves our culture of safety into the guest experience. Expansion of the Disney brand and initiatives has increased the need for attraction minded security professionals. To this end, this position requires a unique blend of creativity, technical mastery, collaboration, and a clear understanding of direction to design solutions to complex problems as a member of Disneyland Resort’s Global Engineering and Technology group. The successful candidate will come to the table with a good measure of technical experience, a strong educational background, and an ardent drive for continuous self-improvement. This position is for an operation technology (OT) or industrial control systems (ICS) technical specialist with a strong cybersecurity background. The primary tasks of this position will be to align cybersecurity solutions with Disneyland’s existing and incoming control systems.
- Conduct day-to-day detection and response operations to reduce security and availability risks to networked OT devices
- Develop and maintain a SIEM and SOAR platforms to enable the security and availability monitoring operation
- Enable data ingest from various sensors including endpoints, firewalls, security tools, wireless monitors, and intrusion detection systems
- Optimize security tool deployments and introduce scalable processes across cybersecurity capabilities
- Specify, design and build network security devices and other cyber components into industrial control systems and networks and troubleshoot, maintain, and document the same
- Develop project scope around cybersecurity needs as dictated by policy and as constrained by the capital program
- Assist in identifying root causes of operational issues, resolve problems and/or recommend short term and long-term mitigations
- Lead technical craft and other engineers around cyber policies
- Serve as technical liaison to help inform and guide upper management
- Help translate industry best practices into Disney policies
- Stay current on industry trends and technological advances
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role in support of detecting and responding to security and availability risk events
- Practical experience with:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Elastic search, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)
- Security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR)
- Evaluating, deconstructing, and creating threat signatures
- Understand and interpret logs from several sources including firewalls, host-based security, IDS, and other networked devices
- Strong knowledge of security incident and response operation procedures
- Comprehensive analysis of threat data
- Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation of network documentation and diagramming
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings. This includes occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays or in backstage areas that could include dark spaces, elevated walkways, and industrial environments
- Prior experience in an entertainment venue or attractions/theme park industry
- Prior experience with ICS or OT environments
- Ability to work individually with minimal supervision and as an integral part of a team.
- Proficient in all forms of communication—especially when conveying technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Communicates using collaboration tools including Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Slack, Jira, and Gitlab effectively
- Efficiently resolve computer and operational technology issues with varying degrees of complexity
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related software engineering field
- MS degree in Computer Science. Cybersecurity, or related software engineering field
- Security Certifications including Security+, CCNA, GSEC, GCED, GICSP, or other relevant certifications
- Security Operations Certifications including CSA, CySA+, GCIA, GMON, GCIH or other relevant certifications
- MS degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, related software engineering field or equivalent work experience
- Security operations certification including CSA, CySA+, GCIA, GMON, GCIH or other relevant certifications
About Disneyland Resort:
When Walt Disney opened Disneyland on July 17, 1955, he said he hoped it would be “a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” Since then, the Disneyland Resort has welcomed more than 800 million guests, expanding to become an approximately 500- acre, multifaceted, world-class family resort destination, complete with two renowned Disney theme parks, three hotels and the exciting shopping, dining and entertainment area known as Downtown Disney District. Through a combination of creativity, technology and innovation, the resort brings storytelling to new heights, and Disneyland Resort cast members play an integral part in bringing that Disney magic to life for thousands of guests every day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
- Address Anaheim, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors