At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a talented Senior Systems Engineer (PKI ) who will be responsible for maintainability, build and configuration of our PKI platform using Infrastructure as Code. As senior technical staff, you will support Tier-3 engineering for Linux build and configuration automation with core focus on PKI domain and related technologies.
PKI infra provides critical services which enhance secure and trustworthy communications between applications, services and users. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with highly innovative technologies. You will make a big impact in this highly visible role by building PKI as a service offering for our customers.
- Implementing and supporting the PKI Linux infrastructure as code where our globally distributed customer-facing PKI platform runs.
- Provision, configure & support resilient hybrid cloud deployment architecture using the automation framework and make it more efficient
- Manage scalability, capacity planning, redundancy, and resiliency.
- Maintain service availability and performance SLAs based on business and product requirements.
- Manage Linux infrastructure CI/CD platform specifically for PKI, work with other SREs in deploying and maintaining automation framework, capacity planning, create and review PKI operational runbooks.
- Contribute to documentation related to design, deployment, validation, operations and DR/BCP.
- Design proactive service monitoring, alerting and trend analysis of underlying infrastructure, and support the operations team in implementation.
- 6-10 years of hands-on Linux experience in managing and supporting Linux server infrastructure in CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or technical stream with the equivalent combination of work experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of Certificate Lifecycle Management
- Design and performance tuning for Linux infrastructure and API, in-depth knowledge of multi-tier web applications.
- Experience in configuring and supporting OCSP and HSM solutions
- Experience with PrimeKey EJBCA and HSMs (preferably Thales)
- Experience in developing and managing APIs, understanding of API infrastructure optimization and security.
- Fluent in Linux security & system hardening, vulnerability management & patching process. Familiarity with CIS compliance levels.
- Must be comfortable with Ansible, Chef or similar configuration management tool to manage infrastructure as code and source code control systems such as GIT or SVN.
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple business units, such as product development and engineering
- Must be able to collaborate with a global team spread across multiple time zones.
- Strong technical writing skills to support required documentation.
- Passion, drive, energy, a sense of humor and a great attitude!
This is not a traditional IT department! We partner closely with our security, engineering and product teams, to secure our state of the art cyber security solutions
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against cyberattacks. We’re joined by one mission – but driven by the impact of that mission and what it means to protect our way of life in the digital age. Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that feels excitement at the prospect of a challenge and feels a thrill at resolving technical gaps that inhibit productivity.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $143,000/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here .
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
Job ID : 1029154
- Salary Offer $143,000/yr
- Address Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10