At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
The Senior Security Engineer works closely with the Network and Infrastructure teams to design and implement solutions to align with the Cybersecurity Strategy. The position also requires the individual to work with technology SME’s to integrate information security threat prevention into all aspects of technology development and support.
Success in this role requires technical knowledge and experience, prior experience in information security, organizational skills, and an eagerness to do whatever it takes to get the job done effectively and efficiently while continually challenging and improving the status quo.
Network Security Design and Development
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for Echo’s end-to-end network security architecture – including AWS, networking, provisioning, and management
- Demonstrate the ability to back decisions with research and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Contributes to and support the corporate adoption of the DevOps methodology and Agile project management, including automation tools, like Ansible and Teraform.
- Provide security guidance and drive infrastructure decisions in collaboration with other technical and management teams, ensuring Security principles are being upheld and no violations of Security Policy are taking place
- Support security system deployments, management, and maintenance, including Firewalls, VPNs, and infrastructure monitoring, reporting, and associated sensor systems
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk
- Act as the coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project tasks
- Encourages innovative work practices amongst peers
- Impresses responsibility on others by displaying ownership in tasks
- Acts in the overall interest of the team
- Actively works on broadening or adding skills
- Asks for assistance when problems become challenging
- Balances best practice decisions with delivering high business value
- Contributes to the success of the team
- Improve efficiencies through automation
- Capable of presenting technical ideas and concepts in business-friendly language
- On-call Support
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent years of experience
- 5 years or more experience in Network Engineering. Palo Alto or Cisco professional certifications preferred.
- Proven working experience in building and maintaining security systems
- In-depth understanding of Cisco network technologies and standard network protocols.
- Hands-on experience with the following security technologies: Firewalls, Virtual Private Networking (VPN), log management, Network Access Control (NAC), proxies, authentication systems, content filtering, VLANs, routing and other network security concepts
- Knowledge of networking, firewall configuration, and monitoring (Understand and work with object-oriented rules/policies)
- Exposure to Palo Alto Networks’ stack of product offerings, e.g. PanOS, Panorama, WildFire, App-ID, User-ID, etc.
- Experience with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including technical documentation skills
- Proactive, self-starter able to work with limited supervision and prepared to take responsibility for the role’s operations
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Job ID : R977
- Address Chicago, IL, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10