Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s, Inc. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Macy’s Tech provides modern tools, platforms, and services to all parts of the business. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy’s Join our team to help shape the future of e-commerce and set the pace in retail technology. Whether focused on store technology, supply chain tech, application security, merchandising systems, or the mobile app – you’ll have opportunities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference.
The Lead, Security Engineer should have experience and understanding of multiple security platforms including, but not limited to: automated and manual testing tools, firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion prevention systems, logging correlation/management, operating systems, protocols and risk assessments and web application firewalls. Additionally, the qualified candidate will meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others. The colleague is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
The Lead, Security Engineer makes decisions based on operational status and project requirements and will make recommendations to management based on actions taken, current status and potential exposure and/or risks. The Engineer will continue to be engaged with management to provide updates and status to help clarify any decision that is needed to be made about a current security risk exposure or operational stability.
- Work with various Ecommerce Support teams to understand their requirements and support them as needed.
- Work with Security Architecture & Ecommerce Support teams to determine solutions and propose plans to implement them.
- Support maintenance and upgrade of solutions that protect enterprise systems, applications and data by participating in established policies, practices and change management tools.
- Collaborate with managers, project managers, architects and other technical leads to resource projects and manage the communication across all teams involved.
- Assist clients with the identification and evaluation of security gap, and help translate them into functional specifications; focusing on the infrastructure and business applications.
- Collaborates with other technical leads (Network, Server, and Application), field services technicians, project managers and data center operations and technical subject matter specialists to integrate security controls into a cohesive architecture that sufficiently mitigates risk to the company. Engineer must have critical thinking skills.
- Mentors and coaches other Security Analysts to provide guidance and expertise in their growth.
- Work closely with managed service providers, delivery, vulnerability and incident response teams.
- Participate in on call and change rotation.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5+ years direct experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required
- Salary Offer $52K - $111K
- Address Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10