About the job
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Security Consultant in the North America Threat Management Segment team should be a cyber defense solution & technology advisor with pragmatic experience in the Threat Management segment (SIOC, MDR, IR, RED teaming). This requires demonstrating thought leadership, sales leadership and delivery leadership in one or more of these domains.
Go To Market
- Work with solutions teams and across local geographies to provide content to drive deals to successful closing
- Provide demonstration of IBM credentials in the core Threat Management services
- Develop strong consulting methods & assets to support consulting pursuits & delivery
- Work closely with solution design teams in developing client presentations and Statements of Work (SOW)
- Become a recognized thought leader in the Threat Management segment utilizing conferences, white papers, client presentations to build awareness of IBM credentials
- Work with global and local teams to organize project approaches and teams for client delivery.
- Participate in project delivery depending on project complexity and geographical needs.
- Help resolve project issues as they arise.
- Establish demonstrated client relationships in key accounts to help progress the Security Services portfolio.
- Provide practice leadership by facilitating a community of like-minded practitioners to share and exchange ideas for practice growth and improvement.
- Contribute content and advice to the offering development process.
- Help shape the emerging model of the Security Practice.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to lead groups and be a facilitator.
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model.
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations.
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations.
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams.
- Ability to work in a matrix management model.
- Experience in the design and deployment of technology and solutions with one or more of the Threat Management Segment domains ie. SIOC, Incident Response, MDR, Red teaming.
- An understanding across multiple security domains such as Identify and Access Management; Application and Data security would be ideal; Infrastructure and Endpoint; as well as the inter-relationships between major components.
- Solid understanding and experience working in a structured solution design methodology
The successful senior consultant will also be an internal advisor to other IBM consultants and client teams. The consultant will assist in pre-sales, sales, closure, and then organize the delivery of security consulting services with local teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 8 years Cyber Defense Center Consulting, with relevant Threat Intelligence, Threat Modeling, Breach Response & Incident Management Security Audit & Assurance experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a management consulting or professional services firm focused on security related systems integration projects.
- Experience working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Security Certifications Preferred: CISSP, CEH, CISA
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors