About the job
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you passionate and committed to making the cyber domain safer for people, businesses and organizations around the globe? We are looking for a highly skilled and dedicated Cyber Security / Range Architect to develop and deliver offensive and defensive experiences that express cyber risk and security, from the trenches to the boardroom, for both public and private customers. IBM Security Command is responsible for providing professional, industry leading, immersive cyber experiences for our customers through multiple, multi-million-dollar Cyber Ranges and on-site customer locations.
You will develop and deliver formative, seamless and gamified incident response experiences to test the plans, capabilities and metal of our customers through cutting edge visual and immersive content delivery platforms. You will be part of an extraordinary team dedicated to leading our customers on a formidable incident response journey, via multiple paths and vectors. Be it on-prem or exploring hybrid-cloud environments, you will help IBM Security‘s customers see that regardless of the business or industry, cyber security is not an IT issue, it is a whole-of-business priority. Your experiences and leadership skills combined with your technical knowledge of cyber incidents will be vital in achieving our goal of facilitating a realistic customer experience so profound that customers will be glad when it’s over.
- Tailor and customize experiences to engage at the appropriate level for the training audience
- Accurately and completely source all data used in intelligence, assessment and/or planning products
- Communicate complex information, concepts, and ideas in a confident, professional and compelling manner through verbal, written, and/or visual methods
- Provide experiences in any of our immersive Cyber Range environments or deliver experiences at customer locations which may include travel globally
- You may be asked to present and/or publish your work and insights publicly at multiple forums and industry events throughout the year
- On occasion you may have to work or travel on a weekend based on customer project (1-3 times, annually)
Your Abilities and Skills
- Functional experience utilizing multiple offensive and defensive cyber security platforms and tools
- Functional familiarity with industry cyber security frameworks: NIST, ISO 27001/27002, CIS CSC, PCI DSS, etc.
- Ability to perform vulnerability assessments, identify and analyze both vulnerabilities and remediation paths in security systems
- Ability to succeed in a cross-functional, collaborative environment, seeking continuous consultation with other analysts and experts – both internal and external to the organization – to leverage analytical and technical expertise
- Ability to express basic to advance concepts and issues related to cyber and its organizational impact
- Ability to perform technical demonstrations in high pressure situations
- Knowledge of advanced adversarial and Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Knowledge of specific operational and potential business continuity impacts of cybersecurity incidents
- Considerable knowledge of cyber threats, exploits and vulnerabilities
This role may be based in one of the following strategic locations:
New York, NY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep understanding of technology, management, and leadership issues related to organizational processes and problem solving
- Understanding of the technologies, concepts and issues related to cyber security and its organizational impact
- Well versed in cyber incidents, threats and vulnerabilities
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Advanced degree in computer science or cyber security
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or Fusion Center
- Experience working in commercial, government, or military cyber events, incident response or crisis management
- Experience with cyber incidents, exercises or wargames
- Preferred industry certifications include CISSP, CISM, Security+ CE, OSCE, CEH or similar
- Experience and confidence with technical engagements and story telling
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Academic Degree Bachelors