Senior Project Leader MM/WM

About the job

The incumbent is responsible for working with the business units to identify, implement, and sustain business solutions. These solutions may require implementation of new technology or changes to existing applications. The incumbent will assist the business in development or reengineering of business processes.


· Operations and support

o Provide functional SAP Materials Management and Warehouse Management support to end users, and escalate issues to more senior team members as necessary

o Create system documentation, work instructions, training materials, and knowledge as necessary

o Participate in maintenance and upgrade projects

· Business analysis

o Perform comprehensive process analysis, alone or as part of a larger team, documenting the current state and to-be business process design

o Develop the overall system concept for implementation

o Serve as a liaison to the business units associated with the SAP Materials Management and Warehouse Management area of responsibility, staying abreast of the current state of technology.

o Maintain awareness of short- and long-term needs in the assigned area of responsibility.

· Systems analysis

o Participate in or lead the requirements gathering phase of projects

o Develop the scope definition for projects and maintenance activities

o Develop system designs, and develop functional specifications for bespoke development activities

· System development

o Configure/apply software systems to meet defined project objectives, in accordance with the project scope document and/or functional specifications

o Design system enhancements (workflows, reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and forms)

o Perform data analysis, mapping, and transformation, both as a part of system conversion / cut-over activities and routine operation of software systems

o Design the system security concept, including adherence to the organization’s internal controls framework

o Perform unit and integration testing of all new developments and changes to software systems in the assigned area of responsibility

· Project management

o Develop project scope documents and manage project change requests

o Select (Sr. PL) team membership

o Lead the project implementation team

o Development and management of project plans using various project management methodologies (PMI/waterfall, Agile, ASAP)

o Contribute during the interviewing and selection of consultants and the development of statements of work for same

o Manage consultants and consulting engagements of smaller scale (1-2 consultants)

o Contribute to post-implementation reviews


· The incumbent must possess excellent written and oral communications skills

· The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with resources at all levels of the Modine organization

· The incumbent must be able to think logically and independently, and solve complex problems in their assigned area of responsibility

· 5-15 years of experience in information technology or a business function related to the assigned area of responsibility

· The incumbent should be able to apply the Modine Operating System improvement pattern


BS/BA or equivalent experience; a degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business Administration is preferred


This position may require up to 25% travel in certain circumstances.


· In this role, the incumbent tends to work on projects in one or two functional areas

· Individual tends to be either a member of a larger project team, or is responsible for medium- to large-sized projects/activities

· Operational activities will tend to consume approximately 40% of the individual’s time, with project-related activities consuming the remaining 60%

· The individual tends to require a low level of guidance within their defined role

¨ Appropriate for an individual with demonstrated success on small- to medium-sized projects

¨ The major differences between the Project Leader and Sr. Project Leader positions are level of experience, breadth of responsibility and latitude for independent action

More Information

Apply for this job

Leave your thoughts