About the job
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan – and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We have terrific opportunities at the intersection of product management and security services. Come join IBM Security!
Joining IBM Security Gives You The Opportunity To
IBM is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Digital Trust Security Services to join our global Security Services team. Our digital trust portfolio includes solutions in data, application, or network security as well as identity and access management.
- Shape the direction of a varied portfolio of disruptive offering that are still in their early stages or undergoing major transformation
- Build end-to-end solutions that combine technology platforms, managed services and consulting expertise to deliver differentiated value to clients
- Own the go-to-market strategy to accelerate the growth of the Digital Trust Security Services business
- Collaborate with Digital Trust Security experts while working for a company that’s the recognized leader in the enterprise security space.
In this position, you’ll play a central role leading and orchestrating the definition of services offerings requirements and go-to-market strategy to respond to the Digital Trust Security needs of enterprise customers. This role will require collaboration across many internal and external teams to build a compelling customer journey, from the first customer touchpoint, to sale, to contract delivery. You’ll connect with our clients, technology partners, other vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize and execute roadmap features to rapidly scale the business.
The successful candidate must have exceptional communication skills, problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading diverse cross-functional teams and encouraging collaboration and commitment. We are looking for someone with a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, innovative projects. This position requires a solid business and technical background, and the candidate should be client-focused with a passion for delivering iconic client experiences.
- Synthesize the vision and service offering strategy for IBM Digital Trust security services offerings to meet target client needs and achieve key performance targets
- Define service offering roadmap and requirements based on an intimate knowledge of specific market segments, target customers, and supporting technology product category.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the company to align on strategy and deliver on that vision, e.g. marketing, sales, engineering, service delivery, product teams, channel partners, international operating teams, etc.
- Manage the entire service offering life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution including business case creation, offering definition, materials development, pricing, delivery readiness, engineering/ development, sales training and the overall performance of the offering in the market.
- Develop and maintain market definition, sizing, and direction to inform offering strategy.
- Conduct primary and secondary research regarding your service areas with prospects and customers.
- Team with IBM and non-IBM technology partners to integrate their technology into IBM’s Service offerings.
- Design iconic customer experiences at all stages of the client lifecycle
- Work with local and regional services and sales leadership around the world to nurture the health and adoption of services and gather feedback.
- Responsible for the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to ensure that sales, delivery, and channel teams have what they need to be successful.
- Support sales by enabling business development and sales teams, supporting calls with key clients, and helping to identify opportunities to increase that success.
- Establish goals and review metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success.
- Research and identify new opportunities for IBM Security to innovate on behalf of our customers.
- Support press and analyst activities as required.
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following
- Deep experience in product management including development, launch and life-cycle execution for Security Solutions or Services Offerings
- Deep experience in the space of network security, identity and access management, and/or data and application security
- Experience partnering and building relationships with multiple technology vendors with proven track record driving growth and adoption for security solution(s).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Proven ability to drive collaboration in cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives
- Proven ability to synthesize complex issues and opinions into simple stories
- Attention to details, proactive self-starter
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion in an iterative way
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
Preferred work location for this position is Cambridge, MA.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Minimum 5 years of experience in Production Development, Product Management, Product Marketing, Delivery or Consulting.
Minimum 5 years of experience in Networking Security, identity and access management and/or data and application security.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Product Management and/or strategy experience with Cloud-based solutions (for example SaaS, PaaS, etc.) and security services (consulting, systems implementation, managed services)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Product Development, Product Management, and/or Product Marketing in areas of Cyber Security or a related IT offering area, such as Regulatory Compliance or Data Privacy.
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Raleigh, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors