About the job
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan – and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Cloud Security to join our global Security Services team.
In this position, you’ll play a central role leading and orchestrating the definition of product requirements and go-to-market strategy to solve the security challenges of enterprise customers moving to hybrid cloud. This role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of our organization. You’ll work with our clients, partners, vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
The successful candidate must have exceptional communication skills, problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for someone with a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambitious projects that will be industry defining.
- Launch the vision, product strategy and roadmap for IBM security services offerings and work with cross functional stakeholders to deliver on that vision.
- Define product requirements based on a knowledge of specific market segments, target customers, and product category.
- Execute the strategy for security services that appeal to unique needs and requirements of enterprise customers, with an emphasis on the delivered customer experience.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution including business case creation, product definition, materials development, pricing, delivery readiness, sales training and the overall performance of the offering in the market.
- Develop and maintain market definition, sizing, and direction.
- Conduct primary and secondary research regarding your service areas with prospects and customers.
- Team with IBM and non-IBM technology partners as it relates to their technology being leveraged as part of IBM’s As-A-Service offerings.
- Work with local and regional product management leadership and sales leadership around the world to understand and track the health and adoption of services and gather feedback.
- Support press and analyst activities as required.
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following
- Experience in product management including development, launch and life-cycle execution for Cloud solutions operating in one or more cloud environments, such as AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, or others
- Understanding of consumption-based pricing, micro-transactions, and leveraging usage metrics to drive roadmap
- Experience partnering with Cloud Service providers (CSPs) or Independent Software Vendors (ISV) or System Integrators (SI).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve aggressive business objectives
- Proven ability to synthesize complex issues and opinions into simple stories
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion in an iterative way
Preferred work location for this position is Cambridge, MA or Atlanta, GA.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- At least 3 years of experience in Product Development or Product Management in the areas of Cyber Security or Cloud (for example SaaS, PaaS, etc.) or a related area such as Regulatory Compliance or Data Privacy.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience in Product Development, Product Management, Product Marketing and/or Consulting in areas of cybersecurity, cloud-based solutions, or other relevant IT Offering area.
- Experience with product management on AWS or Azure
- One or more of these certifications are preferred – CISSP, CCSK, CCSP, PMP, AWS, Azure
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors