About the job
Working as an Architect, your passion for technology and thirst for innovation will help shape the future of global digital commerce, now and for years to come. Every day, you’ll bring critical day-to-day leadership and thinking to the table, working with teams of architects, aligning cross-functional projects, ensuring that they’re within reason, fiscally and technically. You’ll collaborate with internal teams and business leaders alike, creating strategically sound Target State Architectures. You’ll have a major say in budgeting, hiring, mentoring, setting priorities and fostering a client-centric environment where everyone learns and grows. At the end of the day, your work will have tremendous and positive impact, whether it’s in-house, in collaboration with technologists across JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community or in partnership with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Fluency in architecture and design across all systems
- Knowledge in at least one area of technical architecture
- Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes
- Experience in risk and risk control compliance
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- 7+ years of managing large, firmwide control uplift initiatives with proven track record of success
- Ability to resolve conflict with a proven ability to facilitate and/or make complex decisions based on experience, analysis, and judgment
- Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Operational, technical or product management experience in one or more of the following key disciplines: SEIM, Data Protection, Network Security, End Point Security, Forensics, Fraud or Threat Intelligence
- Experience delivering within cloud-based environments & applications
- Experience in continuous delivery using Agile delivery concepts and toolkits
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience working both independently and in a virtual, collaborative environment is essential.
- Advanced expertise in Cybersecurity organization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies, tactics and strategy to protect, detect, respond and recover from attacks
- Deep fluency in national and international laws, regulations, policies, and ethics related to financial industry Cybersecurity
- Seasoned command of multiple disciplines, optimizing Cybersecurity products and services through the lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of a large enterprise organization.
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm’s cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group’s number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Financial Services
- Product Management
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors