Job ID 00000262572
Date posted 03/30/2022
Location Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, California; Huntington Beach, California
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Phantom Works is seeking an innovative Senior Product Cyber Security Engineer (Level 4)to join our growing Boeing Product Security Organization in El Segundo, CA or Huntington Beach, CA. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and sustainment of product security and resiliency throughout the requirements, design, build, test, production, operations, and support life-cycle. This position is NOT an ISSM/ISSO job.
You will be a part of Boeing’s Product Security Organization, which is a growing multi-disciplinary engineering organization that is responsible for the security and resiliency of Boeing’s products, platforms, and services. You will have multiple responsibilities across the life-cycle of Phantom Works programs and products, including the design and development of next generation systems. You will have the opportunity to shape and influence Product Security Engineering in Phantom Works, and engage with Boeing’s Enterprise Product Security community.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Performs cyber and systems security engineering of products and non-IT networks, perform threat and risk assessment as part of a cyber-maturation process that establishes threat surfaces and mitigations to increase resiliency and minimize vulnerability
- Oversees the development and enhancement of system requirements and architectures for product security to meet all applicable certification and customer requirements. Ensures security of equipment, tools, data, networks, and resources used for product: design, development, build, test, storage, delivery, operations, and support.
- Is responsible for the definition and identification of product security requirements for suppliers of components and subsystems for integration into the most complex Boeing products and services.
- Consults with enterprise senior leadership on complex product security technical recommendations, solutions, risks, and opportunities as applied to the security domain with consideration of impact or leverage across other critical engineering fields.
- Oversees coordination with governments, customers, suppliers, and industry at the most senior levels to identify risks and improve industry and regulatory security standards and requirements for programs and interfacing systems.
- Defines complex research and development activities resulting in innovative solutions.
- Is responsible for the advisement of customers on maintaining product security and certification, including security consequences of modifying products and services.
- Develops, maintains and identifies improvements for the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of the requirements management processes.
- Resolves multi-functional technical issues.
- Evaluates remediation recommendations and develops a cost to mitigate estimate.
- Implements appropriate security controls and requirements per JSIG, DoD and ICD 503 RMF, NISPOM, or DoD Overprint to the NISPOM as required by customers
- Travel (up to 25%) may be required for meetings with customers, internal meetings, etc.
- The role on the team may require obtaining certifications such as Security+ or CISSP to comply with contract requirements.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Access. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Technical Bachelor’s, Master’s or a PhD degree (technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematics, scientific or information technology field of study)
- Experience working across engineering and non-engineering teams.
- Experience in defining, allocating, implementing, assessing, and validating cybersecurity related requirements over the entire engineering and product life-cycle
- Experience in performing, documenting, and communicating the analysis of cyber vulnerabilities, threats, and risks
- Experience in working with Risk Management Framework (RMF) or Cyber Security Framework (CSF) plans and considerations
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in system and component level cyber test and evaluation, including threat and security assessments, and table top exercises
- Experience in software assurance planning and assessments, including static and dynamic code analysis
- Experience in supporting or performing cyber threat intelligence analysis
- Security + certification or CISSP certification
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years’ related work experience, Master+7 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This is a 1st shift position.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Salary Offer $93K/yr - $177K/yr
- Address Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20