About the job
Southwestern Energy Company is an independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas, natural gas liquids and oil exploration, development and production within North America. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It’s a commitment that has motivated our employees for nearly 90 years. Our culture demands creativity and innovation. That’s why we give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. We strive to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment, by rewarding team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits.
Reporting to the Director, Asset and Operating Integrity, the Process Safety Engineer is part of a team that provides Engineering, Technical, and Operations support to all Southwestern Energy (SWN) Assets. The Process Safety Engineer will provide technical support for operations, maintenance, and reliability teams and assist in developing and optimizing operating and maintenance procedures, providing guidance on best practices for incorporation within the SWN HSER Management System, and participating in incident investigations. The overarching responsibility is promoting process safety practices and compliance with applicable standards and procedures related to process safety.
- Promote a culture that delivers excellent HSER, Operational, and Maintenance performance through collaboration to ensure maximum impact and consistency across the company
- Lead the continuous improvement efforts of process safety and risk management programs by identifying program opportunities and deficiencies, proposing new initiatives or standards to address them, and coordinating the implementation of such initiatives or standards
- Utilize analytical skills and engineering knowledge to identify and address process engineering and process safety related incidents and leverage root cause analysis techniques to determine the appropriate corrective actions
- Support project teams throughout the entire design, build, and commissioning activities by providing Design and Process Safety input and analysis to ensure a safe and compliant process and that the process design eliminates or minimizes safety risk. Ensure process design is compliant with applicable Federal, State, and local regulations and requirements
- Develop and track key Process Safety performance metrics and KPIs in accordance with IOGP 456 and API RP 754 and implement plans to address issues
- Facilitate Risk Assessments: HAZOPs, Equipment Safety Reviews, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Offsite Consequence Analysis (OCA), FMEA studies, and Dust Hazard Analysis (DHA) and recommend risk mitigation measures for identified hazards
- Act as the Management of Change (MOC) coordinator, participate and/or lead Management of Change and Pre-startup Safety Review (PSSR) events for new processes or following significant system modifications, and provide oversight and conducts periodic audits of the MOC and PSSR system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Chemical Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum 4-10 years of significant process and process safety engineering experience in the Oil & Gas industry including Drilling and Completions equipment and processes
- Expertise in design, operation, and modification of upstream oil and gas processing facilities with practical experience of field commissioning and operation
- Strong process background with experience in reading, interpreting, evaluating, and specifying compliance with regulations and codes including, but not limited to API, NFPA, OSHA, ASME and ANSI
- Experience in hazard identification and mitigation through leading, conducting, and/or participating in various technical safety analyses such as layers of protection analysis, root cause failure analysis, qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, and Job Hazard Analysis
- Practical experience with Promax or other process modeling software.
- Excellent organizational, planning, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead multi-discipline, cross functional teams
SWN requires newly hired employees in all positions to be fully vaccinated or to have had the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine on or before first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with SWN’s HR department after you receive an offer of employment, if any. SWN does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of an offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation
Southwestern Energy Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, present military status or veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
- Address Spring, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors