COVID-19 vaccination requirements
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Product Security is driven to make healthcare better by ensuring that Stryker designs, develops and maintains industry leading cyber secure products for our customers. The enterprise program defines and governs the implementation and maintenance of security across the global product portfolio. These efforts enable Stryker to improve quality, while protecting the security, integrity, and resilience of our life-saving solutions.
What you will do-
The Senior Principal Product Security Engineer will report to the Head of Product Security and provide support across Stryker global businesses. In this role you will have the capability to directly influence technical innovation and enhance security maturity of our connected, software enabled products.
- Monitor global regulatory changes and emerging technologies related to embedded hardware and Medical Device Software (MDSW).
- Actively participate in standards working groups and reviews (i.e. AAMI, NH-ISAC, AdvaMed, ISO, etc.).
- Acts as subject matter expert for Product Security, focused on Internet of Things (IOT) hardware, firmware, operating systems configuration, and connectivity protocol configuration.
- Research and define new technologies, tools, processes, and technical security specifications used to advance security across the product portfolio.
- Provide consultative guidance, as necessary, with new product development (NPD) and sustain teams during the implementation or updates of security controls, configurations or software features.
- Work closely with leadership and teams from all Stryker divisions to implement security controls and cloud service offerings for NPD and sustainment activities.
- Prepare, publish, and train internal resources on key technologies, technical security requirements, and risks.
- Guide software technology and architecture documentation related to Product Security (Software requirements specifications, Architecture and Data Flow Diagrams, Risk mitigation traceability).
- Follows established quality measures to assess overall success of team and program, providing reports to leadership. Recommends changes to established quality measurements as appropriate.
- Encourages ongoing skill development by providing opportunities for continued education.
What you need-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field is required. (An advanced degree is preferred).
- 10+ years of experience in product cyber security, software design, or embedded software engineering is required.
- Direct experience with embedded systems hardware and software development.
- Strong, demonstrable systems architecture experience.
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC, NIST, EU MDR/MDCG standards and requirements.
- Knowledge of System and Software Development Processes and Lifecycles for new product development
- Experience in the use of Agile software development
- Experience in problem analysis, testing, and resolution.
- Experience with risk management methodologies, trending, design control, threat modelling, vulnerability ranking, and product enhancements (bug fixes/ patch delivery)
- Experience in developing and delivering detailed training and presentations
- Demonstrated experience in developing and streamlining key aspects of quality system procedure definition to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Experience with incident response teams and efforts, including documentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of Program/Project Management
- Experience in supporting compliance requirements global regulatory requirements.
This job may be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States, except that this job may not be filled or performed in Colorado.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Job ID: R463215
- Salary Offer $133,459/y - $155,626/y
- Address Miami, FL, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20