COVID-19 vaccination requirements
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Product Security is driven to make healthcare better by ensuring that Stryker designs, develops and maintains industry leading cyber secure products for our customers. The enterprise program defines and governs the implementation and maintenance of security across the global product portfolio. These efforts enable Stryker to improve quality, while protecting the security, integrity, and resilience of our life-saving solutions.
What you will do-
The Senior Principal Product Security Engineer will report to the Head of Product Security and provide support across Stryker global businesses. In this role you will have the capability to directly influence technical innovation and enhance security maturity of our connected, software enabled products.
- Monitor global regulatory changes and emerging technologies related to Medical Device Software (MDSW) and Medical Device Data Systems (MDDS).
- Actively participate in standards working groups and reviews (i.e. AAMI, NH-ISAC, AdvaMed, ISO, etc.).
- Acts as subject matter expert for Product Security focused on Stryker cloud technology components, resources, and services.
- Research, select, test, and implement new technologies and tools that will be used to advance security across the company.
- Facilitate the creation and/or implementation of technical requirements, solutions, tools, technical requirements, that enable a secure, regulatory compliant environment and applications.
- Act as subject matter expert and consult, as necessary, with new product development (NPD) and sustain teams.
- Prepare, publish, and train internal resources on key technologies, technical security requirements, and risks.
- Advise leadership and development teams on the implementation security controls and capabilities necessary to support industry-leading security of cloud environment, services, and data protection..
- Guide software technology and architecture standards related to Product Security (Software requirements specifications, Software Architecture Diagrams, Risk mitigation traceability).
- Follows established quality measures to assess overall success of team and information security program and provides reports to leadership. Recommends changes to established quality measurements as appropriate.
- Encourages ongoing skill development by providing opportunities for continued education.
What you need-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field is required. (An advanced degree is preferred).
- 10+ years of experience in product cyber security, software design, or embedded software engineering is required.
- Direct experience with Microsoft Cloud very strongly preferred
- Strong, demonstrable security architecture, policy, and service experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of ISO/IEC, NIST, EU MDR/MDCG standards and requirements.
- Knowledge of Secure Software Development Processes and Lifecycle for new product development
- Experience in the integration of security integration in DevOps (DevSecOps)
- Experience with risk management methodologies, trending, design control, threat modelling, vulnerability ranking, and product enhancements (bug fixes/ patch delivery)
- Experience in developing and delivering detailed training and presentations
- Demonstrated experience in developing and streamlining key aspects of quality system procedure definition to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Experience with incident response teams and efforts, including documentation
- Demonstrated knowledge of networks and network troubleshooting techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of SW Licensing and configuration management
- Demonstrated knowledge of Program/Project Management
- Experience in supporting regulatory compliance requirements and industry certifications (HITRUST, SOC2, ISO27k) are preferred.
- CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP or Azure Security Engineer/AWS Certified Security, CEH or LPT or other security specific certifications are preferred.
This job may be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States, except that this job may not be filled or performed in Colorado.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Job ID: R463216
- Salary Offer $133,459/y - $155,626/y
- Address Kalamazoo, MI, US, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20