As a Senior Principal Engineer for Aladdin Client Reporting and Accounting, you’ll work closely with our product engineering teams to define and deliver our architectural vision. Your work will be both hands-on and supervisory in defining the forward vision of our platform, proving the concepts through detailed hands-on analysis, and then directing product engineering teams to realize that vision, while providing support and adapting to overcome challenges as they are encountered . Our objective is to ensure that systems are scalable, reliable, and sufficiently feature rich to compete in the marketplace, and to support ongoing business demands and client requirements. The team is responsible for delivering tools used by experts at BlackRock and Aladdin Clients, to produce data and reports that are distributed to clients. Our efforts contribute heavily to the evolution of the Aladdin platform which directly influences the product’s market share. The team has a global footprint with members across North America, Europe and Asia.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in designing elegant solutions to complex busines problems leveraging many technological disciplines simultaneously. They will have demonstrated making architectural decisions, and understanding complex business processes to deliver clean, effective solutions.
- The candidate must supervise and ensure all implantations meet product standards across the following core disciplines – data architecture and engineering, high-scale/high concurrency programming, testing, quality controls, and SDLC, workflow and process management, and complex event processing.
- Excellent communication skills are required in order to share vision, and manage expectations of both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to partner with clients, solution providers, while providing an inclusive environment that promotes diversity of thought and sharing of ideas.
- Ability to manage and support mission critical production systems through both releases and incidents.
- Ability to accept and synthesize criticism through a balanced, collaborative design process
- Reduce errors on deployments, improve reliability, and increase speed of implementation through automation
- Continuously refine and improve our toolset to improve our data and persistence layers
- 12+ years of experience in IT including at least 7 years in hands-on engineering roles
- Experience designing, architecting, and implementing multi-tier, scalable, fault tolerant applications
- Experience with platform integrations and designing service APIs
- Experience defining data models, domain models, data architecture and data engineering to support complex, large scale information systems.
- Extensive Service-Oriented Architecture patterns and design knowledge and familiarity with cloud-based services
- Expertise with identity management, authentication and information security best practices
- Expertise in working with complex cross-domain applications in a global organization across multiple time zones
- Enjoys a fast paced, high-intensity and complex environment, troubleshooting time sensitive critical issues and working with people
- Extensive experience in enterprise software development in Java and web development stacks (Angular, NodeJS, HTML & CSS)
- Experience with Sybase, Cassandra
- Event / Stream processing technologies
- Experience using Agile methodologies – previous experience working from a backlog, sprints, retrospectives etc.
- Passionate about test driven, clean code, automatically tested and continuous deployment
- Line management experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to present and convey ideas
- Strong attention to detail; action-oriented attitude, and willingness to roll up sleeves
- Curious to explore emerging technologies and learn new things
- Use metrics to drive decision making
- Masters degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in the financial services industry is preferred
- Technical oversight of large global engineering team with presence in North America, Europe and Asia
- Communicate and collaborate effectively to senior managers – including product managers, business managers, marketing, engineering, and operations stakeholders
- Coordinate and plan with your peers in other offices around the globe
- Manage and lead complex projects
- Collaborate to bring best in class products to market for our global client base
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Job requisition #
- Salary Offer $127K-$243K
- Address San Francisco, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20