Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box – we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Customer Identity team is looking for a Senior Offensive Security Engineer to join the Red Team. The Red Team is responsible for attacking the Okta’s Customer Identity Cloud platform, code, vendors, and infrastructure.
Successful candidates will have a passion for breaking things to solve security problems in partnership with our collective Security and Engineering teams. You will have a chance to apply your skills, experience, and passion to demonstrate impact and improve the security of our product on a daily basis.
This role can be based from a remote office anywhere in the following locations:
US Remote, Canada Remote
What You Will Do
- Design and execute offensive exercises: attack simulations, assume breach / phish, phishing, and more
- Find vulnerabilities in applications, systems, infrastructure and processes; create exploits and exercise those exploits to demonstrate risk and impact.
- Threat modeling
- Track and communicate the status of your work
- Stay up-to-date on current and emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and best practices
- Build and maintain offensive tools and infrastructure to meet exercise objectives
- Share knowledge, experience, and respectful demonstrations of impact with peers through blog posts, meetings, and presentations.
- Collaborate with our Detection & Response team to improve threat detections
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience in performing internal / external security assessments, red team operations, cloud services and configurations, or web application assessments
- Experience assessing cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc.) from an attacker perspective
- Passion for digging into complex systems to find and exploit vulnerabilities
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to a variety of audiences and write detailed, considerate vulnerability reports that explain vulnerability risks and remediation options to engineers and developers.
- Ability to automate tasks using a programming or scripting language. Node.js, Go, Python experience appreciated.
- Desire to perform offensive exercises in a non-Windows dominant environment
- A diverse background and respectfully dissenting opinion that will compliment and grow our team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A growth mindset and willingness to learn & continuously improve
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:
The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between:
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
- Salary Offer $140,000—$189,000 USD
- Address USA (Remote)
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5