We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
What success looks like in this role:
Unisys Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer/Security Engineer. Candidate will be the primary Network and Security Architect and Technologist in the customer environment. This position requires 5-7 or more years’ experience in IT with a finely honed focus on networking and security. The ideal candidate will also have experience in government as well. Must be experienced with pragmatic communication at all levels, including Technical Managers, Directors and C-Level Management. Lead technical teams responsible for gathering requirements, developing solutions, implementing the solutions and ongoing support
The technologies within the scope of this position include a range of largely Cisco products, architectures and technologies including but not limited to:
- Cisco Nexus 7000
- Cisco 9300/9400/9500 Switches
- Cisco ASR1002 Series Routers
- Cisco Catalyst 3700/3850 Switches
- Cisco 5508 Wireless Controllers
- Cisco Wireless Access Points (inc. 1562E/3802 – Wave 2 AC)
- Fiber as well as Ethernet Networking
- Cisco ASA 5500 and NGN series, preferably multicontext
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco SDA/ACI
- ShoreTel/Mitel VoIP
The appropriate candidate will also have a good knowledge of BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, VRRP as well as all other major routing protocols.
- Plan, engineer, design, implement and manage infrastructure for all municipal services and responsible for oversight of configuration, maintenance and capacity planning for technologies in scope.
- Help articulate needs and drive project delivery for critical public safety facing applications with Applications team as well as Public Safety Administration (Police/Fire)
- Maintenance of department specific VLANS, including port-security.
- Creation and addition of simple firewall rules and Network Address Translation under the guidance of the Infrastructure Program Manager.
- Accountable to execute project engineering and solution processes & functions for technologies in scope. Responsible for service and project delivery to the client.
- Accountable to define, maintain, communicate, implement & execute the enterprise architecture, engineering & standards strategy and for its operational usage across the enterprise for technologies in scope.
- Administrate & share reports and usage statistics from Cisco Prime and SolarWinds NPM protocol discovery to senior management & provide monthly updates of qualitative and quantitative statistics.
- Support and troubleshoot public safety systems, including County and DoJ services for PD Dispatch, Records, Investigations and Fire.
- Setup and deploy new city sites, network drops, Voice over IP phones and Wireless Access points.
- Support and troubleshoot core Nexus/9xxx Data switches per requirement of environment.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with strategic partners from within IT Service Management, Business Partner Manager, Project Portfolio Management, and Application Operations as well as all external outsourced IT infrastructure service providers.
- Advise Infrastructure Program Manager and other account leadership on a virtual enterprise wide & badge transparent team in setting the technical direction.
- Contribute to the technology lifecycle & roadmap for the technologies in scope, including technology absorption & risk, technology refresh, migration & retirement strategies.
- Stay abreast of technical trends and directions in the technology & investment management vendor communities and identify new opportunities for use of this technology.
- Educate & mentor the technical virtual team and appropriate management in the use of the technologies in scope.
- Understand, formulate and present the cost and business benefit of the use of the technologies in scope and constantly drive productivity improvements & reductions in TCO.
- Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots within the roles of Incident Management (Return-to-Service) and/or Problem Management (Reason for Outage).
- Maintains on-call availability to respond to network issues and up-time; must be flexible and available with the scheduling.
- Execute capacity planning and monitoring processes for technologies in scope.
- Develop, monitor, report and present key infrastructure performance metrics for technologies in scope.
- Contributes to technical artifacts through team/program SharePoint and/or communities of practice.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Deep & broad knowledge and experience in the capabilities and use of the technologies in scope.
- 5-7 years of experience in selecting, design engineering, solution engineering, project engineering, integrating and implementing Cisco network architecture and related technologies.
- Demonstrated effective decision making that had significant impact on technology direction and related business results.
- 5-7 years of experience in managing major vendor relationships in this technology area.
- 5-7 years of experience in providing consulting to senior management on the use and selection of these technologies.
- Strong background and understanding of the technical direction in this space and the prevailing standards.
- A proven history of being able to influence business and IT peers and management in the decision making process.
- Ability to explain complex technical detail and tradeoffs to non-technical associates.
- Strong vendor management and negotiating skills.
- Ability to mentor and develop other engineers & architects.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to present solutions to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Crucial Conversations as demonstrated by the ability to facilitate and conduct crucial conversations when stakes are high, emotions are strong and opinions vary that result in win/win solutions and while doing so fostering communication by encouraging open, honest two-way communication.
- Deep & broad knowledge of full range of distributed networking, voice, video, data & security hardware and software architectural patterns, design standards and options.
- Deep Technical knowledge of VoIP systems management tools.
- Deep Technical knowledge of commonly used VoIP hardware and software products.
- Expert knowledge using Microsoft office products and Visio tools.
- Industry Certifications (such as)
- CCNP – R&S, CCNA – R&S, CCNA – Security, CCNA Wireless
Job ID : REQ533013
- Address Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10