Senior Network Engineer implements, maintains, and supports the Quanta Services growing worldwide network infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL/ NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Configures and installs various network devices and services (e.g., Cisco routers, Cisco Nexus Data Center switches, Cisco ASA firewalls, A10 load balancers, VPN, Qos, Voice and Wireless systems support, Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime).
- Configures and supports Cisco Call Manager phone system at various locations.
- Performs phone and conference device configuration, installation and troubleshooting.
- Performs network maintenance and system upgrades, including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Monitors performance and ensures system availability and reliability.
- Monitors system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Provides Level-1/2 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Works within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Monitors and works incidents/requests coming through the ITSM system related to the network queue
- Coordinates with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or 10 years equivalent network related experience.
- CCNA required; CCNP, CCDA/CCDP, CCSP, CCIE is preferred.
- Supervises others: No
- Has hiring and terminating responsibilities: No
- Number of employees report to this job: 0 Subordinate Supervisory Employees, 0 Non-Supervisory Employees
- Direct amount: $ 0
- Indirect amount: $ 0
- Travels: Minimal, as needed.
- Percent of time: Up to 5% of time.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
Language Skills: English & Spanish, Advanced level required
Mathematical Skills: Intermediate level required
Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level required
- Proven experience and success with enterprise class LAN, WAN, WLAN, design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Proven experience with network infrastructure security technologies and best practices, including, Router/Switch security, Firewall Management (ASA, FWSM), protecting edge perimeter network devices, experience and understanding security logging for monitoring and incident response, wired and wireless guest design, ISE and NAC experience a plus.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge and experience working in an enterprise class network environment [multiple WAN locations, international locations, multiple data centers, high speed Campus and MAN links, VLAN separation].
- Good knowledge of VOIP technology, including [QoS, MGCP, RTP, SIP, H.323].
- Excellent working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and network services, including [Cisco 3750, 3560, 2960, 2950, 4500, 6500 class switches, NEXUS switches (2Ks, 5Ks and 7Ks), all ISR router platforms with related interface cards, 7200 platforms and related interface cards, ASA 55xx platforms, TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, STP, PBR, VRF, MLPP, SNMP, and related protocols.
- Excellent hardware and IOS troubleshooting experience.
- Network management, performance monitoring, network monitoring, inventory, and backup tool software experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits, packet capturing, and protocol analysis experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently while supporting the needs of the team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to gather information, eager to learn and apply knowledge with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with multi-functional teams and diverse customer population.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with company leaders and MNA.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under short timelines.
Requisition ID 2021-2510
- Address Houston, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors