#0 – 800 South Shamrock Ave.
Job Location City
Job Location State
Job Location Zip Code
Who are we?
Trader Joe’s is your favorite neighborhood grocery store! With 540 stores nationwide (and growing), we are the place to be. Looking for something delicious and a friendly conversation? At Trader Joe’s, you can find both. We love being your first and favorite place to shop.
What do we do?
Like shopping at Trader Joe’s? Then, maybe you’ll love working with us. We are looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer who is searching to do what they’ll love – monitoring and supporting the company’s IT networks! Do you have experience in managing technology services? Do you love food? If so, read on! We may have the role of a lifetime for you!
Trader Joe’s is unlike any place you’ve ever worked. Trust us on that. The qualified candidate has at least 10 years of hands-on experience managing technology services and is a raving fan of the Trader Joe’s concept. A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Information Security is strongly preferred. This role is based in our office in Monrovia, California.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for:
- 7×24 monitoring and support across areas of responsibility.
- Exceptional service delivery and continuous improvement philosophy.
- Technology standards.
- Capacity planning (short term and long term strategic plans).
- Incident management, RCA/Problem Management. Trouble-shoot and review issue for root cause, ensure issue is corrected and does not repeat.
- Datacenter support, Warehouse support, Store support, Production support, and office technology support.
- Maintaining effective professional and collaborative relationships within IT, within functional business areas and across our associated technology partners.
- Working collaboratively with other departments.
The qualified candidate has:
- At least 10 years of hands on experience managing technology services comparable to those provided by Palo Alto, Cisco UCS, HPE Storage, VMWare, Load Balancers, Dell Data Domains, SD/WAN providers and more, .
- College degree or relevant experience required, with Information Security and/or Computer Science degrees a plus..
- Must have a strong understanding of IT networks with 10 years of experience in designing, supporting, and maintaining networks.
- Designs, implements, upgrades, manages and troubleshoots network systems including LAN, WAN, switching (L2 & L3), routing (BGP, OSPF & EIGRP), wireless, firewalling, VPN, QoS, & MPLS.
- Knowledge of Cisco Data Center Architectural including Nexus 9K, 7K, 2K, WLC and IP Services.
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS, NX-OS, PAN OS).
- Manage and maintain highly complex firewall and network environments.
- Global/Local load balancing knowledge in F5 environment.
- Preferred Experience with SD-WAN (CATO) design/implementation/managing.
- Experience with riverbed Optimization design/implementation/managing.
- Experience with Aruba WLAN & Mobility master design/implementation/managing.
- Fiber Channel infrastructure and switch configuration.
- Experience with VoIP systems (NEC/CISCO Call Manager 10.5 & 12.5)
- Experience with VPN solutions (Cisco, Palo Alto).
- Experience with common networking vendor platforms (Cisco, Palo).
- Monitors and troubleshoots network performance (availability, utilization, latency).
We want to hear from you!
We get a lot of resumes; so to help us get to know you better, please submit your resume and cover letter. When creating your cover letter, please answer these questions:
- What is your experience in designing, supporting and maintaining networks?
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this position?
Trader Joe’s is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a diverse Crew.
- Address 800 South Shamrock Ave., Monrovia, CA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs