About the job
ICON is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to support ICON’s growing infrastructure. As the Senior Network Engineer at ICON, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining secure, resilient, and highly available networks to further ICON’s mission of making dignified housing accessible to everyone and advance humanity with our technology. This role is based at ICON’s Austin, TX lab and will report to the Director of Digital Infrastructure & Security on ICON’s Digital Infrastructure team.
- Manage the introduction of devices and systems into the network with a core focus on security and functionality.
- Maintain cloud and on-premise networks including firewalls, routers, switches, VPNs, and other physical hardware.
- Install, configure, and maintain all network equipment following best practices.
- Create and maintain network diagrams, SOPs, runbooks, and other documentation.
- Monitor systems to improve network performance for all systems.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate networking issues to other staff and management.
- Implementing disaster recovery procedures, when needed.
- Proactively engage in vulnerability management activities.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions.
- Provide mentorship and training to associate network engineers.
- Integrate with managed application platforms, various external software products, and internally developed automation tools.
- 8+ years of experience with enterprise network design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with emerging technologies.
- Comprehensive understanding of network services and networks.
- Ability to design, implement and troubleshoot Wi-FI and security infrastructure.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously from design to implementation.
- Experience with market-leading network technologies.
- Experience with on-prem and cloud network environments (e.g., data centers, Wide Area Network (WAN), SD-WAN, wireless, and cloud services).
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Experience with SIEM, CASB, NAC, IPS/IDS, MDR and other security technologies.
- Industry-recognized technical certifications.
- Cybersecurity certifications (CISSP, GIAC certs, etc.)
ICON is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an innovative, inclusive, and discrimination-free work environment. Employment with ICON is based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), genetic trait, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. If there are accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
- Salary Offer $97,090/yr to $119,590/yr
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10