Scientific Games is hiring a Senior Mobile Software Engineer
We currently use Flutter as our development platform and will be looking to continue maintaining the platform, while also uncovering ways to accelerate and shorten app development cycles. We value quality in our product and in our underlying code. Ease of maintenance, performance and security are imperatives for us.
This individual will work throughout the software development lifecycle, performing in a utility capacity to create, design, code, debug, maintain, test, implement and validate mobile applications with a broad understanding of best practices and modern architectures.
Who we are looking for:
- Support and enhancement of several Mobile B2C applications used in our lottery loyalty and rewards programs. The applications are deployed to both iOS and Android platforms and are currently built using Flutter and Cordova (legacy).
- Design and develop applications using agile development processes.
- Collaborate within our team in an open, supportive environment.
- Modify existing application to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and improve performance
- Adheres to, and promotes, good development practices: documentation, code standards, code/design reviews, optimization, and maintainability.
- Firm understanding of software security principles and mobile application security best practices
- Consults with and advises leadership on modern application development principles, suggesting improvements along the way.
- Keeps up to date with mobile application development trends and industry news
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- 5+ years experience in enterprise application development
- 4+ years proven experience with building Mobile applications
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Proficient in iOS or Android mobile development
- Demonstrated experience securing mobile applications
- Able to articulate software authentication concepts, including OAUTH2, SAML and JWT
- Understands Native versus Hybrid mobile app development paradigms
- Experience consuming RESTful web services, JSON and design patterns using various technologies
- Experience defining and delivering against functional and non-functional requirements – such as performance, reliability, and latency requirements
- Experience developing with Flutter
- Experience using XCode and Android Studio
- Objective-C/C++, Swift, Java, Kotlin (experience with one or many is preferred). While we use Flutter today, we could have Native needs tomorrow
- Experience with Git and an understanding of CI/CD
- Experience with Agile/Waterfall processes
- Understanding of RESTful Web Services
- Consumption of web services using GraphQL is a bonus
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business / Management Information Systems or related field
- Typically, minimum of 6 years – Professional Experience in Coding, Designing, Developing and Analyzing Data. Typically has an advanced knowledge and use of two or more opposing front / back-end languages / technologies from the following but not limited to; two or more modern programming languages used in the enterprise, experience working with various APIs, external Services, experience with both relational and NoSQL Databases
Relentless innovation. Legendary performance. And unwavering security. All built on a foundation of trusted partnerships.
This is what it takes to be a global leader in lottery games, sports betting and technology. And to propel the industry ever forward.
At Scientific Games, we elevate play every day.
From cutting-edge backend systems to exciting entertainment experiences and trailblazing retail and digital solutions, we care about the details that drive profits for lottery beneficiary programs.
We know what people like to play today. And with the power of data analytics, we can predict what they’ll want to play tomorrow.
We’re always thinking about the player experience. Because it’s not just a game. It’s an instant of optimistic fun.
But the best part? We’re just getting started. iLottery and sports betting are the new frontier in play. And Scientific Games is the partner of choice for these growing markets. Because when it comes to digital, trust is everything.
The lottery experience is always one of excitement. But we’re endlessly innovating, always evolving and firmly committed to responsible gaming. So that the future of lottery funding shines bright.
It’s a future of stability and inspiration. The strength of security paired with the thrill of the new. It’s the future of Scientific Games. The driver of today’s favorite lottery games and most advanced technologies, and sustainability for tomorrow.
And it all starts now.
We’re your next great job. Join our team. Do good.
- Address Mississippi, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10