When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
The Verizon Product Security Team ensures security by design product engineering and architecture for both consumer and business products. As a Senior Mobile Security Architect, you will work to conduct security assessments on both Consumer and Business products and solutions. You will help to create, define, and implement security controls and tooling in conjunction with product development teams and product owners. You will manage multiple projects with a degree of impact and complexity that must be carefully controlled to support the internal business unit security requirements.
- Help implement Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) practices and use automation where possible.
- Work closely with the product development engineers to perform security design and code review by suggesting flow improvements, anti-tamper protection when needed for security modules, and help with integration of vulnerability assessment tools.
- Provide security guidance to Engineering and Product teams on overall product architecture and its ecosystem.
- Build Threat Models, conduct Risk Assessments for new features or services and provide guidance on effective countermeasures.
- Contribute to security architecture and assist in building and rolling out processes for secure code development and deployment involving truly cutting edge technology.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Encryption, Security Controls, and Secure Design and programming practices across the Technology organization.
- Contribute to Security Policy, Standards, and Guidelines related to Information Security.
- Evaluate and operationalize new technologies for securing the organization.
- Train and mentor Security Champions throughout the development.
- Share thought leadership in the product and application security space.
- Create security User Stories and security Test Cases for products that are tailored to the product attributes and technology.
- Support and advise product owner and product development teams by ensuring technical and architectural feasibility, readiness and compliance.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience performing security requirements analyses to secure the deployment of large globally distributed cloud-based platforms, building threat models, design reviews and documenting relevant mitigation techniques, implementing security best practices, applying security design patterns.
- Knowledge of Cryptographic Algorithms (PKI), authentication protocols, and transport layer security, OID, OAuth, SAML.
- Hands-on experience with software development projects using iOS/Android platforms or Embedded Linux/System-On-a-Chip (SoC) infrastructure (tools, libraries, and open source development), security best practices for embedded systems.
- Experience with Cloud Services, like Amazon Web Services including VPC, IAM, KMS Security groups, SCPs, ELB, Guard Duty S3 storage as well as Management Services such as CloudWatch, Lambda and AWS Config and vulnerability scanning tools.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Obfuscation techniques, Reverse Engineering and Tamper Resistant software development.
- Programming skills in C++/C, Java, Scala, Python or other languages and the ability to solve complex operational issues.
- Experience with Docker, ECS, Kubernetes infrastructure security in a Hybrid environment and Container Networking concepts.
- Experience with Web application infrastructure as well as UNIX-based operating systems, with a focus on security aspects of application and operating system platforms.
- Experience with Third party ecosystem tools for compliance and security such as Auto-Remediation/ Compliance (Cloud Custodian), PRISMA, Dome 9, TrendMicro, and Container Security Tools.
- Experiencewith Network Security and host based IDS/IPS.
- Experience with performing Security Testing and Penetration Testing techniques.
- Experience with Content Security technologies like DRM/Conditional Access is ideal.
- Understanding of Trusted Execution Environment and Secure Boot Process.
- Understanding of various types of Exploits, Threat Modeling, and Attack surfaces.
- Experience with IT Security Frameworks such as NIST, ISO27001, PCI, DSS, FedRAMP.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
- One of more of the following certifications:, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – professional, AWS Certified Security – Specialty, CSA Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), CISSP.
- An excellent communication, organizational, and experience translating business goals into technical security deliverables.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
- Address Cary, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors