About the job
Cybersecurity is one of the most critical issues of our generation. No other company has the powerful combination of talent, industry-leading security technology, global reach and cognitive capabilities, powered by Watson, to combat cybersecurity threats. Within IBM’s North America Security Service practice, we are constantly seeking security skills that can further enhance the depth and expertise needed by the marketplace.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Senior Managing Security Consultant in the IBM North America Cloud & Infrastructure Security (CIS) Services practice is a senior advisor that can speak to the security landscape and have the ability to communicate effectively with senior members of client management and/or executive teams. The Senior Managing Security Consultant will assist in pre-sales, sales, closure, and then participate in the delivery of security consulting services with local teams. In addition, Senior Managing Security Consultants are expected to provide technical oversight on transformation programs and projects.
The consultant should have a depth of knowledge and experience in Network & Infrastructure Security, as well as Cloud Security Solutions. The consultant should be able to speak to the breadth of the security landscape as well.
Core Consulting Skills
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills
- Effective written skills
- Help drive pursuits and engage in complex deals, matching outcomes to expectations
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to lead and deliver client expectations
- Ability to research and develop new security offerings
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
Security Domain Knowledge
Depth of knowledge in one or more of the Cloud and Infrastructure Security domains:
- Network and Endpoint Security Architecture specially across major cloud environments (AWS, Azure, IBM, Google)
- Design and Implement Next Generation Firewall solutions across enterprise and cloud environments
- Cloud Security Access for SD-WAN infrastructure
- Secure Access Service Edge (SASE)
- Zero Trust Security / Zero Trust Network Access
- Segmentation / Micro-Segmentation
- Lifecycle based Container Security
- Securing Cloud Network and Endpoint security infrastructure across using native cloud security tools
- Native Security Controls Hardening for AWS, Azure, IBM, Google
- Cloud security posture management
- An understanding of compliance issues (ISO 27001, NIST, DFARS, PCI, and CIS) specially across multi cloud environments
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the anticipated compensation range for the position $164,000 to $252,000 is based on a full-time schedule. Your ultimate compensation may vary depending on your job-related skills and experience. For part time roles, the compensation will be adjusted appropriately.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 8 years of experience in Network Security Architecture Consulting & Systems Integration in a professional services organization
- At least 8 years of hands-on technical experience in working on projects related to one or more of these domains:
- Next Generation Firewalls (Palo Alto/CISCO ASA Firepower)
- Network security in cloud (Virtual and Native Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Application Firewalls)
- Cloud Security Gateway (Palo Alto Prisma Access/Zscaler/CISCO ISR)
- Cloud-based Micro segmentation (ACI, NSX, Ilumio)
- Container Security (Twistlock/Aqua)
- Cloud security posture management (Palo Alto Prisma Cloud/Dome9)
- Familiarity with major cloud architectures, services, shared responsibility models (AWS, Azure, IBM, Google)
- AWS/Azure/Google/IBM Native infrastructure and endpoint security tools
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification is a plus
- AWS Certified Security Specialist is a plus
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate is a plus
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology
- Address Austin, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Academic Degree Bachelors