Freeport-McMoRan is a leading international mining company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, and molybdenum. The company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is one of the world’s largest publicly traded copper producers, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers of our employees. We encourage you to take the time to explore the opportunity to advance your career at Freeport-McMoRan.
Please note: This position has the possibility to work remotely up to 100% of the time. The position will require occasional travel to the Phoenix corporate offices and/or site locations. This position may be performed anywhere in the U.S. except California, New Hampshire, Michigan, Illinois and New York. Additional states may be excluded from remote work based on business factors. Should the position shift to in-office work in the future, the company will offer relocation benefits at that time should the position meet the established eligibility for these benefits.
Under moderate supervision, executes cloud security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company data or systems. Works with the security architecture team to design security controls for cloud applications and functions. Collaborates with various teams in the department to review designs and provide security feedback.
- Work closely with the security architecture team to design and implement cloud-native security controls for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Respond to operation support issue escalations and resolve problems impacting performance and availability.
- Work closely with security incident responders to provide expertise in the design of security sensors used in the incident analysis.
- Research developments in the security industry. Assess organization’s needs. Propose options and drive improvements of techniques, methodologies, services and technologies.
- Perform other duties as requested
- High School diploma or GED and eleven (11) years of experience in security systems technologies and ISACA, SANS, ISC(2), or CEH Certification or related security certification OR
- Associates Degree and nine (9) years of experience in security systems technologies and ISACA, SANS, ISC(2), or CEH Certification or related security certification OR
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or related field and seven (7) years of experience in security systems technologies OR
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems or related field and five (5) years of experience in security systems technologies and ISACA, SANS, ISC(2), or CEH Certification or related security certification OR
- Masters Degree in Information Systems or related field and five (5) years of experience in security systems technologies OR
- Masters Degree in Information Systems or related field and four (4) years of experience in security systems technologies and ISACA, SANS, ISC(2), or CEH Certification or related security certification
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiar with security regulations and standards
- Ability to communicate effectively in cross-disciplinary groups to design a secure, functional solution.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
- Experience in the Microsoft Azure public cloud
- Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) implementation
- Knowledge of cloud networking in a public cloud environment Virtual Networks, Availability Sets, Private Endpoints, and network security groups
- Experience with the cloud-native security capability – Azure Security Center, Defender for Storage, Defender for Office
- Experience in Application Security is a plus
- Positon is in a busy, non-smoking office located in downtown Phoenix, AZ.
- Location requires mobility in an office environment; each floor is accessible by elevator.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to work for hours at a time in front of a computer and keyboard utilizing Microsoft desktop tools.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, manufacturing or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a direct threat to the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the Company has designated the following positions as safey-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on Company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes Company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal vehicles used by employees in furtherance of Company business or while on Company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
- Address Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 20+