About the job
The Senior IT Auditor plays a key role within the Internal Audit team. This individual adds value to business units, functions and departments by performing information technology audits, providing guidance on risk and related control activities, including control design and operational effectiveness, preparing draft reports for Internal Audit Management review. The Senior IT Auditor collaborates with process owners and management and reports and / or gives presentations in a professional manner, working closely with Internal Audit Management.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Leading Environment Sustainability and Circular Economy Efforts
- Spirited and passionate team who display core values of safety, teamwork, integrity, customer service and stakeholder value
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assisting in the planning and performance of all engagements as a subject matter expert with the overall goal of establishing an audit approach that integrates IT in all applicable projects.
- Planning engagements by obtaining sufficient knowledge of the business and/or functional process under review.
- Providing appropriate level of audit evidence and work paper preparation to support observations, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Ensuring projects are in compliance with established standards and methodology.
- Conducting and organizing exit conferences with management following completion of reviews.
- Report findings to process owners and managers and Internal Audit management.
- Evaluating process needs and opportunities for improvement and performing appropriate follow-up.
- Effectively utilizing information technology tools.
- Consistently projecting a positive and professional image and serves as a professional role model for peers and others.
- Assists the Internal Audit Management in enhancing relationships with internal management and external auditors.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, management, information systems, information management or computer science required.
- 3+ years of external and/or internal IT auditing experience.
- Professional certification required, CISA, CISSP highly desirable.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with General Computer Controls and Application Controls, including Change Control, Systems Development Life Cycle, Application Security, Disaster Recovery, Data Warehousing, Operating Systems and Databases
- Direct experience performing Sarbanes-Oxley Act 404 audit planning and testing.
- Excellent written and oral communication / presentation skills for both IT and Business Management.
- Sound project management skills as evidenced by performing multiple, simultaneous audits, or equivalent engagement/project experience.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of IIA Standards and COBIT.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio and IDEA.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, highly desirable.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
- Salary Offer $98,200 to $115,900
- Address Norwell, MA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5