About the job
Senior IT Project Manager
Canandaigua National Bank & Trust
Location: Pittsford, NY (Hybrid position)
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field normally required.
- PMP certification highly desired.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT Project Management directly managing multiple complex projects using structured methodology (Waterfall, Agile, PMBOK, etc.).
- Experience implementing mission-critical business applications, multiple complex application integrations, hosted and SaaS solutions, and data conversions required.
- Experience in building and improving Project Management Office (PMO) processes, procedures, and tools highly desired.
The Senior IT Project Manager drives the execution of programs or projects to achieve CNB’s strategic goals. This position ensures plans, schedules, sprints, and budgets are followed, risks assessed, issues tracked and develops solutions to project challenges. This position works closely with lines of business to acquire and coordinate resources, work with 3rd party vendors, internal IT resources, or external partners to deliver projects according to plan. The Sr. IT Project Manager participates in the statement of work (SOW) and contract development, vendor review and selection, and maintain project documentation, as part of the project team. This position is also responsible for proving updates to stakeholders with a vested interest in the project.
Ensures projects goals are met by the following:
- Leads cross-functional teams, managing major systems and business projects, building consensus, and proactively identifying and resolving issues. Provides strategic and tactical input to attain project outcomes on time and within budget.
- Leads the creation of delivery schedules, resource plans, and project budgets.
- Identifies resource needs, acquiring resources, and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan.
- Ensures that resources assigned to the project have all the tools and information needed to perform their project tasks.
- Plan, execute, and deliver programs and projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes clearly defining the work, creating the budget, identifying dependencies within workstreams, and facilitating estimations and work breakdown structures.
- Initiates, compiles, audits and assembles all project resources and reporting materials for key stakeholders based on agreed upon reporting lines and methods.
- May participate in contract negotiations with vendors.
- Evaluates project risk, changes and issues, including development of contingency plans and solution and process alternatives.
- Assist in developing business cases for enterprise projects for executive-level audiences.
- Craft communication with Senior Leaders, Sponsors, and Stakeholders. Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, documentation, and presentations. Communicates project schedule and status, key accomplishments, upcoming tasks, and any risks or issues involved with the projects.
- Conduct project Post Implementation Reviews and document knowledge gained on the project to capture lessons learned and continuously improve execution.
- Identify, maintain, and train on best practices, processes, and work products for project management adhering to project methodologies. Provide input into the creation of development plans and training to build and strengthen project management skills.
- Assist in the development of resource management maturity including capacity and demand planning, resource allocation, and resource risk identification and resolution. Ensure that projects leverage resource management techniques and monitoring. Identify and implement the tools needed for tracking and reporting on resources.
- Develop and maintain project process documentation and work product templates and educate or train business partners and other project managers on processes, templates, and techniques used.
- Participates proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices and facilitating companywide adoption to ensure consistent and successful delivery.
- Adheres to the Bank’s Information Security Policies and Procedures and ensures that all projects adhere to them, including new or upgraded software applications.
- Contributes to the development and continuous improvement of PMO standards, processes, and tools.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the workplace.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank’s compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to lead cross-functional teams, build consensus, and proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Proficient in the hands-on application of all project management knowledge areas (Scope Management, Schedule Management, Communication Management, etc.)
- Experience implementing mission-critical business applications, multiple complex application integrations, hosted or SaaS solutions, and data conversions required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and at appropriate level of summary and detail across multiple organizational levels.
- Strong business acumen to relate project scope to business outcomes.
- Critical thinking for concise and effective management reporting.
- Highly organized with excellent analytical, communication, facilitation and project leadership skills.
- Able to manage multiple (3-4) large, complex projects concurrently, with minimal direct supervision, to achieve scope, schedule, and cost objectives.
- Effective problem solving, presentation and coaching skills.
- Experience with advancement and improvement of PMO processes, procedures, and tools.
- Expertise and proficiency in Project Portfolio Management software (Workfront preferred), as well as Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and other project management and reporting tools.
What makes working at CNB different?
At CNB, we are Investing in You. Our strong corporate culture is based upon seven Core Values: Honesty and Integrity, Responsibility, Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Professionalism, and Commitment. Our culture nurtures passionate employees and offers great rewards including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA options for both part-time and full-time employees. Medical coverage is also offered for domestic partners.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time.
- Retirement benefits that include a 401(k), Profit Sharing, and Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Training & Development Opportunities.
- Tuition Assistance.
- Volunteer Opportunities.
- Award Winning Wellness program that promotes a solid work/life balance.
- Banking perks and discount programs.
Our goal is to ensure that our bank, employees, and our community thrive and grow, now and for the next 125 years. We’re in it for the long haul. What truly sets us apart from other financial institutions is the quality and commitment of our employees. We’ve assembled a diverse team of people who share a primary focus: to provide exceptional service for our customers.
As an organization, we are committed to hiring, training, developing, promoting, and celebrating employees from historically disadvantaged groups. At CNB, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, and culture.
As the only local, full-service, community-owned financial institution in the Rochester area, Canandaigua National Bank & Trust is Investing in You. If you want to be a part of something special, join us today!
Canandaigua National Corporation and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.
- Address Pittsford, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20