We Are Sempra: Advancing a Better Future for All
As a premier energy infrastructure company serving 36 million consumers in North America, Sempra embraces its role as a leader in advancing a net-zero future. At Sempra, you can help shape a better future for our communities and our planet, alongside a workforce of 19,000 talented teammates. As an equal opportunity employer, Sempra is proud to bring together people with diverse perspectives and experiences. The company is consistently recognized for its sustainable business practices and long-standing commitment to building a high-performing culture focused on safety, workforce development and training, and diversity and inclusion. Sempra is the only North American utility sector company included on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index and was also named one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies” for 2021 by Fortune Magazine. Join us as we collaborate in providing cleaner, safer and more reliable energy to our customers and communities.
Under direction of the Project Manager or Principal Auditor, plan audits, determine scope and develop project specific risk and
controls matrices. Perform walkthroughs, design effectiveness assessments and operational effectiveness testing, document
issues for inclusion in formal audit reports, and follow-up with management on agreed corrective actions. Work in teams on
technology and integrated business audits, and where assigned, to supervise junior members of staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As directed by the Project Manager or Principal Auditor, plans audits, determination of scope and
development of project specific risk and controls matrices.
- Conduct audits of Information Technology infrastructure, operations, applications, development, and
Cybersecurity to assess compliance with policies, standards, procedures, laws and regulations, the
safeguarding of assets, and reliability and integrity of operating and financial information.
- Work as the IT audit specialist on integrated business process audits.
- Effectively document assessment and testing results to support conclusions, findings and
recommendations in alignment with department standards.
- Assist with assessing risks and recommending changes to improve IT controls, and to negotiate solutions
and corrective action plans.
- Prepare input to the formal audit report and effectively communicate audit results to management.
- As requested and under supervision, to lead less complex audits or sections of larger audits.
- Work as an integral member of the Audit Services department to achieve departmental performance
goals, which include completing the annual audit plan on a timely basis, within budget, and to defined
standards and quality.
- Represent the department as a business partner, adding value and supporting company objectives.
- Be an ambassador for the department to maintain and enhance the standing of Audit Services and of its
integral value to the business.
- Assist in mentoring other auditors as requested and to develop and share center of excellence expertise.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of job duties).
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject, or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years audit, risk and controls, IT, cybersecurity, or information security experience.
- Ability to travel locally (San Diego and Los Angeles) 10-15%, nationally, and potentially international (Latin
- Fluent business Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Position is based in downtown San Diego.
- Must reside in Southern California or be willing to relocate upon hire.
Job ID : 22-63376
- Salary Offer $80,000/yr to $120,000/yr
- Address San Diego, CA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10