SHIFT: Day Job
Title: Senior Information Security (InfoSec) Advisor
Be part of an extraordinary team.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
This is an opportunity to play a critical role in transforming the way we protect and defend Anthem information assets at subsidiaries. This position reports directly to the BISO at the Diversified Business Group (DBG) a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. The goal of the successful candidate will be to assist in maturing the security program at DBG, by:
- Working with security teams and leaders to increase the integration between the Anthem security teams and the respective DBG security teams,
- Directing the implementation of security and other tools to meet the DBG security plan,
- Ensuring alignment between DBG Security and enterprise security policies and practices.
- Measuring and maintaining compliance to Security, Legal, Privacy and Regulatory requirements.
Develops, recommends, and implements enterprise information-security policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures, and other elements of an infrastructure necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls. Responsible for the selection and delivery of strategic network security, access control and secure transaction/messaging solutions.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Working with solution engineers and leaders across Diversified Business Group (DBG) to ensure the execution of key initiatives and projects aligned to business commitments and security strategy.
- Leads system and network architecture support for information and network security technologies;
- Leads development and execution of risk assessment methodologies to fit business, regulatory, and technical environment considerations;
- Leads the development of requirements, system architecture, and software design of security products and services;
- Leads the development of strategies for discovery, evaluation and response to new networking attacks;
- Develops security incident response plans and strategies; Partner with Incident Response teams to respond, investigate and track security incidents.
- Provides trouble resolution and serves as point of technical escalation on complex problems.
- Creates presentations and seeks IT management approval and acceptance of significant replacements or reconfigurations of major security systems serving the Enterprise.
- Sets vendor strategy and direction.
- May be assigned to project teams for technical consultation to business partners and developers.
- Designs & engineers comprehensive access management and network security technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards;
- Works with architecture to update technology direction & strategy.
- Develops reports supporting strategy and direction for management.
- Capable of serving as technical merger & acquisition lead.
- Acts as a subject matter expert among peers, with manager and senior management.
- You will be looked to as a trusted advisor and problem solver, helping all stakeholders overcome obstacles and guiding solutions forward.
- Collaborate with technology and service owners on the execution of the cyber security strategy.
- Assists BISO by providing analyses, projections and reporting, synthesizing business and technical information to key stakeholders with high attention to detail.
- Drive implementation of Cyber security technologies, processes and working with stakeholders to develop security solutions for the business.
- Align DBG security teams with Anthem enterprise teams and integrate processes with peer security organizations (IAM, Vulnerability Management, Threat Management, Cloud Security, Security Architecture, Auditing)
- Manage security assessments and remediation efforts as applicable.
- Partners with leaders of initiatives to scale high value, technology-enabled solutions by identifying resources and risks, managing quality and cost expectations, and developing program/project tracking plans.
- Actively engages and advises stakeholders; manages multiple large-scale projects/programs on overlapping deadlines with minimal oversight.
Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 5 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets:
- Access Control
- Application Security
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Information Security and Risk Management
- Legal, Regulations
- Compliance and Investigations
- Operations Security
- Physical (Environmental) Security
- Security Architecture and Design
- Telecommunications and Network Security
- Requires BS/BA in information Technology or related field of study
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in systems administration and security aspects of information systems, access management and network security technologies, network communications, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management, hardware, software, data, and people;
- Experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Advanced skills with MS-Office and other related PC applications
- A successful candidate should demonstrate success as a thought leader with a track record of delivering results.
- Key to your success will be the ability to navigate the complexities of a large organization, and a relentless drive to confront and resolve issues and, as applicable, see solutions scale across the organization.
- Analytical aptitude and data-driven decision-making
- Relevant industry certification such as CISSP, CISM, CRISC, ITIL, PMP or similar
- Experience working in a large organization
- Project management experience with a track record of delivering results
- Financial, Insurance, Healthcare, or other highly regulated industry experience
- Broad knowledge of IT environments and be comfortable working with a diverse set of technologies.
- The ability to manage technology projects and a results-oriented mindset is essential.
- Broad knowledge of foundational IT infrastructure components such as Active Directory, firewalls, servers and databases
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills (with leaders and peers)
- Strong presentation skills; ability to visually represent complex ideas clearly and succinctly
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com.
Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
Req #: PS68176
- Address Virginia, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10