Senior Information Security Analyst
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Arlington
Zip Code: 22203
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
This role is responsible for supporting information security operations including detecting and mitigating information systems security issues, investigating security breaches and other cyber security incidents, and developing company-wide best practices for IT security. The position requires in-depth knowledge of information security concepts and will require proactive research of information technology trends and security standards. High level communication skills are essential to successfully translate requirements to business stakeholders.
- Perform security gap assessments, research security enhancements and trends, and make recommendations to Technology management.
- Design, implement, and operate security measures which protect information systems and infrastructure including such things as firewalls, antivirus, intrusion detection systems, and data encryption.
- Work with the Technology team to perform tests and detect system weaknesses. Create and implement a plan of action to mitigate risk and maintain a high security standard.
- Support new and recurring business security operations, such as associate account management activities, software installations, system troubleshooting, and incident response.
- Implement measures which enhance company-wide security education and awareness.
- Facilitate third-party risk assessments by identifying supply-chain risks and creating recommendations for risk reduction.
- Support internal audit activities by serving as a subject matter expert between auditors and the business. Create and implement a plan of action to mitigate risks.
- Create, track, and report metrics relevant to projects and recurring processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- CISSP, CISA, or equivalent industry certification strongly preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in IT, networking, hosting, and data in a multi operating system environment.
- 5 or more years of experience with information security including threat detection/mitigation, vulnerability management, user awareness, email firewall security, identity/access management, endpoint protection, firewall/IDPS security, auditing and risk assessment, incident response, data loss prevention, and policy development.
- Experience programming/scripting with PowerShell, Bash, or similar is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to detect and prevent information system security threats.
- Able to identify and mitigate information system vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Able to effectively communicate requirements, technical or otherwise, to business stakeholders and third-party suppliers/services.
- Able to participate in continuous research and training in order to stay up to date on the latest threats, technologies, and business requirements.
- Able to remain accessible beyond regular business hours.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values – A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
Job ID 27991
- Address Arlington, VA, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10