About the job
Senior Exercise Planner – Firmwide Simulations
Come join JPMorgan’s new Firmwide Simulation Utility, tasked with executing targeted resiliency simulations across all major Lines of Business and Corporate Functions, thereby strengthening technology and business controls, increasing preparedness, and ensuring effective response and recovery capabilities against today’s most prevalent threats. In this role you will interface with the firm’s business and technology leaders to pinpoint areas of emerging risk, partner with deep subject matter experts to craft realistic simulation scenarios and objectives, and drive tangible lessons learned to completion through a robust findings management process that is risk-based and metrics driven.
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
- Lead effective end-to-end planning, design, conduct, and evaluation of both internal and external resiliency simulations in accordance with the firm’s business and technology standards as well as global regulatory frameworks
- Provide leadership across all aspects of exercise project management, spanning the entire engagement lifecycle (i.e., plan, design, conduct, and assess) to include scheduling meetings, reserving venues, facilitating discussions, and providing senior leader project updates
- Lead engagement with key stakeholders across the firm to develop tailored, all-hazards simulation scenarios that achieve business, resiliency, technology, and/or cyber incident response objectives
- Conduct post-exercise after-action analysis, reporting, and assessment, synthesize corrective actions, implement tracking/monitoring of progress, and design future simulations to validate improvements
- Support overall team strategy and capability uplift initiatives to drive rapid maturity
- Preferred BS/MS degree in Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Information Assurance, Technology/Cybersecurity, and/or Banking/Finance (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree) with at least 8-10 years of professional work experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, parallel, complex engagements collaboratively with a diverse set of stakeholders, subject matter experts, and senior leaders to build requirements and execute across a core set of project milestones
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience in planning, developing, and coordinating incident response playbooks, runbooks, or other key operational processes across a large organization. General knowledge of, and experience working within, the financial services sector is preferred
- Familiarity with how key international financial systems operate, to include an understanding of the current threat landscape, operational resiliency considerations, and possible systemic risk scenarios. Experience formulating and/or interpreting threat and risk analyses of cyber adversary techniques, technology disruptions, terrorist attacks, severe weather, and other major hazards
- Experience developing and presenting briefings to senior leaders in addition to large group meeting facilitation and logistics planning
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and related technologies. Background in metrics development, risk analysis & visualization, and automation is a plus.
- The ideal candidate must demonstrate exceptional organizational skills necessary to plan, design, and coordinate the development of simulations and ensure crisis management and incident response procedures are integrated across the firm
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building an organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of an exciting team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Financial Services
- Health Care Provid
- Address Washington, DC, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Academic Degree Bachelors