Transforming smiles, changing lives
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
Align is looking for a Senior Engineer, Security Engineering in Technology Risk and Resiliency Management, part of the Information Security Department in any of the following locations: Raleigh, NC; San Jose, CA; Tempe, AZ; or Austin, TX.
The Senior Engineer, Security Engineering should be excited by the Information Security industry and understand the position security occupies in relation to the business. They should be knowledgeable about an array of security and engineering topics including cryptography, distributed systems design, OWASP-style threat and risk modeling, and vulnerability management. An ideal candidate can digest these topics and collaborate with a team of mixed experience levels to design security patterns that consider existing systems and identify a ‘path of least resistance’ to implementation. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager, Technology Risk & Resiliency Management and will collaborate with teammates in IT, R&D, and Information Security globally to establish, document, and guide the implementation of technical security practices. This will enable IT and Business teams across the enterprise to improve security posture and help bring Align to the next maturity level.
In this role, you will…
- Work directly with IT, traditional development, DevSecOps, and CI/CD teams to understand how systems and applications are designed and implemented in both Cloud and On-Premises environments
- Leverage your experience and learnings at the company to propose new security architecture patterns to guide future development and used as a maturity tool for existing systems
- Seek feedback and refine patterns and standards to gain approval from Security and Development teams
- Work with Security and Development teams and Architecture Guild to develop and publish security hardening standards and guidelines and integrate into existing SDLC, DevSecOps, and CI/CD processes
- Develop security hardening standards and guidelines with Security Operations and Compliance teams to ensure the company’s continual improvement in security and that external regulatory standards are being met
- Collaborate with the Security Operations and Application Security teams within Information Security to understand how security of systems are monitored within the organization and create a process to monitor implementation and maintenance to ensure Align’s technology environment meets established standards
- Create a process to ensure the renewal and improvement of standards after publication
- Work with IT to oversee the integration and monitoring of standards into IT practices
- Work with Risk Management to update the Application, Project, and Infrastructure Risk Assessments to leverage these standards
- Map standards to the Process, Risk, and Control framework, proposing new risks and controls as needed
- Support setting clear Information Security expectations for IT projects and collaborate with project teams globally to validate those expectations are being appropriately implemented prior to project deployments
- Analyze data from risk management processes to identify new areas where security hardening standards and guidelines are needed
- Participate in reporting to risk owners, managers, and executives as needed
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
In this role, you’ll need …
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience in Information Technology, Information Security, and/or Risk Management
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Security Engineer or similar role with experience with common security analytics tools
- An appetite for new technical knowledge, especially in security, and the ability to research, understand, and apply new information correctly
- Strong project management skills to track and follow up with technical resources on standards/ project requirements implementation plans
- To be a self-directed worker with experience using soft power to navigate obstacles
- Experience working with people across multiple global geographies, especially Russia, Israel, and China
- Demonstrated knowledge in understanding and applying industry frameworks such as those published by OWASP, CSA, ISO, NIST, and/or AICPA
- Professional certification such as Security+, CISA, CRISC, CISSP and/or other certifications related to cyber forensics, threat intelligence, incident handling or ethical hacking
- A passion for self-improvement through learning in all disciplines – but especially in information technology – and discovering how to apply that knowledge to better assess risk
- Up to 10% – with some international travel required
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the “Apply” link to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, Align is quickly growing so we are creating more opportunities to expand our Align family. Please consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is transforming smiles and changing lives. Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect. Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and OrthoCAD digital services. Did you know? Align is the world’s largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work – these are just some of the things employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
We respect your privacy. Please review our Applicant Privacy Policies for additional information.
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all of our employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for positions with Align must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying for and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
Req ID : 30309
- Address Morrisville, NC, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10