Job Description Summary
Description for Product Cybersecurity Leader for Medical Segment
The Senior Director, Product Security – Medical Segment serves as the leader responsible for BD’s product security posture within the Medical Segment Business Units – Medication Management Solutions, Medical Delivery Solutions and Pharmaceutical Systems. Reporting to the VP, R&D, Product Security this individual will help the PSO provide mentorship to optimally deliver outstanding secure products, consistent with global regulatory requirements over the lifecycle.
As such, this individual is encouraged to work in close partnership with R&D, Information Security, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, business leaders and functional authorities at corporate, regional, and business-unit (BU) levels to collaboratively advance strategic priorities and promote agile management of the seen opportunities within the Medical Segment Portfolio. They shall partner with the Medical Segment business units on business strategy and plans to drive security strategy into the various annual strategic plans, as appropriate.
The successful candidate will have the ability to direct a team of product security officers, while influencing and partnering with R&D teams to develop and implement product security plans over the full product lifecycle, including innovation, new product development and sustaining engineering that will meet the expectation of customers and product regulators (e.g., US CDRH, EU Notified Bodies, global MOHs etc.) This leader needs to be very hands on when required, but also has the skills required to evaluate and develop strong leaders on their team with capabilities that align to the strategy and transform the Medical Segment to maintain outstanding performance. This includes the execution of product security program activities (e.g., risk assessment, awareness/training, incident response, pivotal initiatives, championing end of support on legacy products and external engagements).
Collaborate with all levels and geographies within BD Medical Segment organization, including senior executives, to advance the product security strategy and objectives within the portfolio.
- Ensure adoption of product security framework activities, consistent with applicable global regulations and laws.
- Champion central initiatives such as demonstrating innovative product security processes & technologies or end of support for legacy platforms – in partnership with other cross functional teams.
- Engaging BD leadership, customers, federal and international agencies when issues occur as well as speaking in public forums.
- Develop trust and confidence of company leaders. Serve as internal security consultant to the organization. Articulate high-level risks and mitigation plans to Senior Management.
- Give to the strategy and provide guidance on product security matters including architectures, integration, disaster recovery and maturity assessment.
- Provide leadership and guidance to BU Product Security Officers in the Medical Segment on critical Product Security issues, tactical alignment, and pivotal initiatives.
- Provide expertise and management of BU implementation and remediation programs, new product development security solutions, process development, and capability maturity.
- Responsible for aligning the Medical Segment around common benchmarks and goals for BD’s enterprise – wide Product Security posture, assessing progress towards these goals while driving improvement.
- Accountable for developing BU Product Security Officers leadership skills and influencing BU cross- functional leadership teams to communicate and prepare their organizations for changes in worldwide regulations and standards for Product Security in Medical Devices.
- Leadership and development of BU Product Security Officer’s skills in program management, cross functional collaboration, technical and discernment with their BU leadership teams.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years professional business experience, three (3) years leading teams and people, and three (3) years in a Product Security and/or Application Development Security function in a regulated environment.
- Experience with connected products, software development lifecycle, security automation, risk mitigation strategies, incident response, and supply chain security are preferred.
- Strong understanding of a wide variety of cybersecurity attacks, threats, threat analysis, ethical hacking and system auditing coupled with experience with incident management.
- Solid understanding of the medical device and healthcare IT space. Experience navigating and driving product cybersecurity requirements with 510(k) and PMA- regulated products.
- Able to align and connect business strategies with technology solutions that will mitigate risk. Excellent presentation and communication skills including engaging with and presenting to senior leadership team. Strong collaboration skills to include conflict resolution
- Ability to communicate sophisticated technical challenges in a non-technical and simplified manner to business audience.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly-motivated, execution-focused attitude
Education and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in cybersecurity, computer science, software engineering or/and technical engineering or scientific field is required, advanced business or technical degree preferred. Certifications such as CCNA, CCIE, CISSP, CISM, GIAC, MCSE, CCSP or equivalent, CEH are preferred.
Primary Work Location
USA NJ – Franklin Lakes
USA CA – San Diego TC Bldg C&D
At BD, we are strongly committed to investing in our associates—their well-being and development, and in providing rewards and recognition opportunities that promote a performance-based culture. We demonstrate this commitment by offering a valuable, competitive package of compensation and benefits programs which you can learn more about on our Careers Site under Our Commitment to You.
Salary ranges have been implemented to reward associates fairly and competitively, as well as to support recognition of associates’ progress, ranging from entry level to experts in their field, and talent mobility. There are many factors, such as location, that contribute to the range displayed. The salary offered to a successful candidate is based on experience, education, skills, and actual work location. Salary ranges may vary for Field-based and Remote roles.
Salary Range Information
$208,600.00 – $375,500.00
Job ID: R-477203
- Salary Offer $208,600.00 - $375,500.00
- Address San Diego, CA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20