About the job
Responsible for ensuring the Development Operations and Security practices for the Digital and Retail engineering team are established and followed. This role is responsible for systems such as back and front end web applications, warehouse management, order management, point of sale, ERP, CRM, and various internal and external integrations. The focus of this role will be to align these systems around consistent DevSecOps processes in areas such as Build and Release Management, Code Repository and Quality, Reliability, Monitoring, Alerting, Front and Back End Performance, Security, and Compliance. This role will focus on setting the standards to make the production platforms more stable, reliable, and secure. This position requires someone that is a self-starter, eager to learn new technologies, and always considers security and performance implications for evolving B2C, B2B and B2B2C platforms.
Why Join Us?
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It’s the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of MillerKnoll means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We are redefining modern for the 21st century. And our success allows MillerKnoll to support causes that align with our values, so we can build a more sustainable, equitable, and beautiful future for everyone.
Inside the Job
Your Day-to-day Work Will Involve
- Ability to lead discussions with cross-functional teams to evangelize the importance of predictability and stabilization of the platforms as well as assist in defining KPIs, SLO, SLA, and SLIs.
- Assess the current environment and review overall systems architecture in order to create an action plan to drive transparency and improve Dev/Sec/Ops processes for consistency across systems and services.
- Create, run and improve automation for our build & release processes related to CI/CD.
- Define and manage release scope, schedules, and change management process. Work with stakeholders across projects to coordinate and plan product deployment, manage conflicts and dependencies.
- Drive to enhance monitoring and alerting for Dev/Sec/Ops processes by creating dashboards, scorecards, visualizations, baselines, and alerts
- Drive a culture where security and compliance are core tenets of the overall architecture
- Integrate automated systems tests for security, performance, and availability into Dev/Sec/Ops processes.
- Monitor and report on baselines of technical KPIs such as uptime, performance, and error rate and drive the efforts to improve these metrics for applications and services.
- Own process approach and drive to permanent fixes with the help of other teams and third parties
- Responsible for applying thought leadership to optimization and hardening enterprise digital platforms.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
What You Bring
Needed skills and experience for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant academic discipline strongly preferred
- 5+ years of professional technology experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Platform Reliability Engineering, Security, or DevOps.
- Knows how to strike a balance between moving quickly and mitigating risk.
- Experience creating and improving documented procedures and/or playbooks for all portions of Dev/Sec/Ops.
- Experience with and ownership of tools such as Github, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, Snyk, Hudson and Selenium.
- Experience with native GitHub capabilities such as Actions, Packages, Codespaces a plus.
- Experience with native AWS capabilities such as CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline a plus.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies, software release management (GIT), branching and merging strategies, and building and maintaining CI/CD process consistently across all core systems.
- Experience with performance monitoring, logging, and reporting.
- Possesses a security mindset with focus on areas such as code security, API security and web security.
- Familiarity handling Salesforce Metadata, Sandbox management, Platform Packaging, Lightning, and Communities.
- Broad knowledge of fundamental technologies used to support assigned business function.
- Generate ideas to improve team efficiency, effectiveness and impact.
- Serve as a role model by demonstrating a commitment to business priorities, high performance and delivery excellence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders.
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills with the proven ability to negotiate and influence with or without formal authority.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. MillerKnoll is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
- Address USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10