About the job
Collaborate with a global team to build a more resourceful world with cloud based IoT energy management solutions.
You will join a team building tools to automate and streamline processes regarding the development and deployment of Itron monitors. This DevOps Engineer will be responsible to operate efficiently and independently, including independent judgments around key decision areas and potential issues/solutions. You will develop and deploy Itron monitors and applications, and act as the point of escalation on related configuration issues.
Tech Stack: Python, Bash, PowerShell, Kubernetes, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Azure, Monitoring Development, Ansible
Duties & Responsibilities
- Automate and develop monitors with scripts such as python, shell/powershell
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Implement service monitoring strategies
- Manage logging and monitoring with Nagios, Azure Monitor, Splunk, ELK etc.
- Create release automation/CICD pipelines to securely build, package and deploy code to monitoring infrastructure in SaaS and Cloud
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders utilizing professional workplace communication
- Perform occasional maintenance and projects in off-hours (outside of traditional business hours)
- Participate in code reviews
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior level staff
- Support escalations for deployment issues and monitoring incidents
Required Experience & Skills
- Experience: related professional work experience
- Strong Linux experience and troubleshooting skills with understanding of networking
- Advanced scripting skills in Linux environments (e.g. with Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Self-starter who is able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through on effective project implementation and completion, including clear technical documentation
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Agile development with SCRUM methodology
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experiencing adopting GitOps practice for managing applications
- Experience in software development
- Experience with entire DevOps lifecycle – Orchestration, Configuration, CI/CD, Monitoring, Security
- Experience with executing best practices for monitoring
- Experience with the Kubernetes container orchestration, service data mesh and service discovery frameworks
- Experience with Ansible, Elastic, LogStash, Kibana, Splunk, Nagios, Azure
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email Accessibility@itron.com.
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.
- Address San Antonio, TX, USA
- Salary Offer $100.000 ~
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5