We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people — and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Development Manager (SFDC). We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle’ mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*VALVOLINE WORLD HEADQUARTERS IS LOCATED IN LEXINGTON, KY. IDEALLY, WE WOULD LIKE CANDIDATES LOCATED IN NEARBY MARKETS (LEXINGTON, LOUISVILLE, CINCINNATI,) BUT WE ARE OPEN TO OTHER LOCATIONS. WE ARE OPEN TO REMOTE CANDIDATES.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
The Salesforce Senior Development Manager supports the director in the end-to-end landscape management, technology strategy, architecture, delivery and on-going operations of Valvoline global solutions for Sales, Service, CPQ, Marketing and Analytics Clouds, as well as the SFDC app exchange partner solutions on the Salesforce.com platform by designing, deploying, integrating and managing SFDC and 3rd party applications in an Enterprise IT environment. Provides tactical and operational leadership focused on agile delivery within the listed responsibilities. Collaborates with business partners to deliver enhancements and global deployments for existing products, solutions and services and delivers innovation and new application development for new product/project opportunities and capabilities world-wide. Provides support for developing the architectural guidelines, specifications and technical standards related to the current and future systems and platforms within scope of responsibility. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- People management of individuals across multiple geographic locations to include performance management, talent development and succession planning. Allocate responsibilities and/or packages of work, including supervisory responsibilities. Delegate responsibilities as appropriate. Responsible for the development, management and upskilling of a team of IT professionals ranging from entry level to advanced professionals.
- Assisting with defining systems development projects which support the organization’s objectives and plans. Work closely with the Digital COE (Product Lead/Owners) to prepare a roadmap and strategy for Salesforce.com platform for future enhancements and rollouts in other regions.
- Ensuring daily operations remain stable by providing day-to-day technical support for the Salesforce.com platform solutions, applications and associated services in scope. This includes monitoring queue for assigned incidents and ensuring they are addressed per defined service level agreements. Draft and maintain procedures and documentation for Salesforce.com support. Manage enhancements to improve business performance. Advise on security, licensing, upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery needs. Handle on call responsibility for technical support as necessary. Ensure all requests for support are dealt with according to set standards and procedures.
- The development of Salesforce solution architectures. Work closely with IT security, infrastructure, application teams, and cross-functional stakeholders to execute and deliver OpEx and CapEx projects and initiatives. Lead and direct team members and third-party resources, as project manage by assigning/monitoring prioritized tasks and identify/resolve issues to ensure all parties are on track with requirements, deadlines and schedules for delivery of the requirements gathering, architectural and solution design, development, testing and implementation of work on time and within budget. Collaborate with key stakeholders in IT and the business to understand business requirements, develop solution blueprints aligned with relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and usage guidelines, and deliver solutions which perform to specifications. Drive system enhancement efforts to completion and ensure that appropriate tools and methods are available, understood and employed. Document changes made to current systems and ensure test cases, user stories and bug reporting/validation, release notes are created as per SDLC and change management policy. Select, adopt and adapt appropriate systems development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- The ongoing maintenance of the existing Salesforce.com platform. Evaluate new solutions and services, review updates and identify those that merit action. Ensure that Salesforce.com is tailored to facilitate the achievement of service objectives. Plan, execute or coordinate/assist MSPs and vendors with the installation and testing of new versions of software, ensuring the platform is available, stable and performs at a level acceptable to the business needs. Investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Ensure that operational documentation for Salesforce.com is fit for purpose and current.
- Monitoring the external environment to gather intelligence on emerging technologies. Assess and document the impacts, threats and opportunities to the organization. Share knowledge and insights gathered by contributing to the creation and execution of the strategic roadmap for Salesforce.com platform to ensure longevity and innovated technologies are obtainable; assist with developing service definitions, requirements, principles and governance models to guide Salesforce.com technology decisions.
- Managing vendors and spend for enabling solutions and integrations within the Salesforce.com platform. Ensure licensing agreements meet our use cases and are budgeted and managed accordingly. Engage with our current implementation partner to review the state of the Salesforce instance and upcoming deliverables, plan for post project transition to internal team.
- Providing subject matter expertise by actively maintaining recognized expert level knowledge in Salesforce.com technologies. Oversee the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidate expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organizational objectives. Support and promote the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organization.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (or higher) in an IT related field
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in applying information technology solutions in a manufacturing or retail industry
- Minimum of 5+ years (8+ preferred) of leadership experience within IT
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in Salesforce CRM Administration
- Certified Salesforce Admin
- Certified Salesforce Advanced Admin
- Advanced Salesforce knowledge and experience with Classic and Lightning components
- Knowledge of DevOps methodology
- Ability to efficiently manage a team of resources locally and offshore
- Ability to manage complexity, think analytically and allocate time effectively between multiple priorities or functional areas
- Strong communication skills, a demonstrated collaboration mindset and persistence in the face of complex technical challenges are essential
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise, lead, coach, motivate and work through others to achieve desired results
- Strong ability to strategize and pull together disparate pieces of information
- Strong project management skills with a prior successful record of delivering large programs/projects
- Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Ability to make decisions and take responsibility for work
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Works well in a team environment
- Must be professional, innovative, assertive and enjoy working with people; critical thinking, creativity and independent judgement are expected
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple/disparate projects at the same time and stay focused
- Ability to contribute to financial planning and budget
- Ability to perform an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities
- Ability to apply methodical approach to investigate, define and resolve complex issues
- Ability to actively seek out new knowledge for own personal development and the mentoring or coaching of others
- Ability to rapidly absorb new information and apply it effectively
- Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution
- Ability to analyze, design, plan, execute and evaluate work to time, cost and quality targets
- Demonstrates creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder
- Experience monitoring for and evaluation of emerging technologies
- Experience developing and utilizing various policies, standards and guidelines for methods and tools utilization for SDLC
- Intermediate project management skills
- Advanced technical writing skills
- Experience documenting processes and translating to high level technical requirements
- Experience with incident and problem management, coordination and resolution
- Understanding of concepts regarding scalability and continuous integration
- Must be willing to be flexible for evening and weekend work where escalations, projects, maintenance or other management initiatives dictate
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience with Cloud and Open Source technologies
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1-800-Valvoline or email 1-800Valvoline@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Reference #: 31236
- Salary Offer $166,507/yr - $193,547/yr
- Address 100 Valvoline Way, Lexington, KY, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 20+