As the nation’s largest community credit union, we begin every day focused on delivering superior financial products and services for our 1.3 million members and more than $30 billion in managed assets. Our work has an economic impact as we support our members’ financial goals. We are unapologetic about being devoted to our members and the communities we serve. Our business is guided by our people helping people philosophy – which includes our team members.
BECU has been in business for more than 85 years, driven by unwavering core values and a dedication to improving the communities we serve. While we have a rich history, the future of our company, accelerated by business and technology transformation, is even brighter. There’s never been a better time to work for BECU.
To learn more visit becu.org/careers.
The Target Pay Range for this position is $130,200-$159,200 annually. The full Pay Range is $101,100-$188,300 annually. At BECU, compensation decisions are determined using factors such as relevant job-related skills, experience, and education or training. Should an offer for employment be made, we will consider individual qualifications. In addition to your salary, compensation incentives are available for the hired applicant. Incentives are performance based and targets vary by role.
Employees and their eligible family members have access to a wide array of employee benefits, such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Employees have access to disability and AD&D insurance. We also offer health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, as well as health savings accounts, to eligible employees. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan and employer-funded retirement plan. Newly hired employees accrue 6.16 hours of paid time off (PTO) on a per pay period basis based on hours worked (up to a maximum of 160 PTO hours per year) and receive ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Additional details regarding BECU Benefits can be found here.
IMPACT YOU’LL MAKE:
Are you looking to take your data protection career to a new level? Monitor. Detect. Analyze. Could you be our next guardian on our forefront team of defense as a Senior Data Protection Operations Engineer? In this role, you’ll safekeep our digital realms, proactively monitoring and swiftly analyzing events in real time to keep our data fortress unbreachable.
You’ll use our tools and craft scripts crucial in rapid threat detection and response. You’ll also sculpt and maintain systems ensuring top-tier data protection. Collaborate with fellow tech enthusiasts, sharing knowledge and elevating our protective expertise. You’ll maintain the defenses that will shape the future of our data safety.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Compliance Captain & Relationship Builder: Uphold BECU standards and stay compliant while handling data protection. Collaborate and guide others, such as data owners and data analysts. Use your exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate the complex in simple terms as you provide customer service.
Design Lead: Take the lead in shaping and rolling out data protection patterns for vendor solutions, ensuring sensitive info is always safeguarded. Stay updated on tech threats and emerging security trends. Review existing cloud security architecture and recommend improvement road map.
Systems Steward & Data Privacy: Seamlessly manage and recover systems that track sensitive data, focusing on a user-friendly experience. Champion for enhancing our data privacy practices, boosting team efficiency in the process.
Risk Analyst & Incident Partner: Dive deep into risk assessments, considering asset value, potential threats, and existing controls. Engage in incident responses, directing vital alerts to the Security Operations Center.
Tech Advisor & Vendor Liaison: Guide Tech teams on best practices and tools within our tech stack to shield crucial info. Quick learner, Adjunct IT professor, team leadership experience, Gov tenant. Bridge the gap with our data protection vendors, ensuring we’re always in good hands.
And yes, there might be a few extra tasks thrown in, and maybe some afterhours work because cybersecurity is always an ongoing threat, but you’ve got this! If this sounds like the next step in your career, let’s connect.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technology or business management area or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of seven years working with security tools and/or information technology operations
- Minimum of four years working with data tools, including performing deployment and configuration, and maintaining operations and content development
- Implementation knowledge of Microsoft defender for endpoint, Microsoft defender for Identity, Microsoft, cloud App Security, Microsoft defender for O365
- Advanced scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell, Python, JAVA) preferred.
- Configured Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS) for customer cloud workload discovery, MCAS integrations with AWS, ServiceNow, Workday, Data loss prevention policies and integrated with AIP labels, Office 365 Advanced threat protection, Azure logs for AIP label analytics, and endpoint solutions for antivirus, antimalware, host-based intrusion prevention, and EDR.
- Cloud security, Azure Sentinel, Splunk, CyberArk, IAAS, PAAS, Identity mgmt., Azure MFA,
- eDiscovery, Compliance experience
- Perform hands-on activities involved in creating cloud infrastructure components.
- Deployed AIP/MIP labels using Crawl, Walk, Run
- Deployed and configured on-premises AIP scanner to discover data
- High level knowledge and configuration of Microsoft Defender ATP, Microsoft Threat Experts, EDR
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
- Salary Offer $130,200-$159,200 annually.
- Address Remote, WA, USA
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10