We are hiring for a Full-Time Senior Data Privacy Specialist. We have remote work options in the following states: Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Texas or Utah.
Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE: NUS) is a leading beauty and wellness company, powered by a dynamic affiliate opportunity platform. We help people live, look and feel their best with products that combine the best of science, technology and nature. Backed by more than 35 years of scientific research, Nu Skin develops innovative products including Nu Skin® personal care, Pharmanex® nutrition and the ageLOC® anti-aging brand which includes an award-winning line of beauty device systems. Nu Skin operates in approximately 50 markets worldwide in the Americas, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Pacific. Nu Skin is committed to sustainability, including global initiatives such as transitioning to reduced and sustainable packaging for all products by 2030. Our Nu Skin Force for Good Foundation strives to improve children’s health, education and economic circumstances throughout the world. We promote a culture of being a “force for good” in the world, along with our commitment to provide a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment for both personal and professional growth. Nu Skin was named to the Forbes list of the “World’s Top Female-Friendly Employers” in 2021 and to the list of “America’s Best Employers” for 2022.
About the Role:
As a Senior Data Privacy Specialist, you will play a key role in the implementation of Nu Skin’s Global Privacy Program by providing guidance to cross-functional teams across the organization on data privacy requirements and assessing and mitigating privacy risks.
You will also be instrumental in conducting Privacy Impact Assessments, crafting privacy requirements, and assisting in the creation of global corporate policies, programs, and processes to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
In this role, you will play a pivotal part in embedding privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default throughout the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Advise and provide guidance to the business
- Provide privacy and data protection advice and guidance to cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, in particular with respect to innovative technologies such as AI/ML, social listening, and other digital and data enabling initiatives
- Become a trusted partner working cross-functionally with engineer, product and business teams building a deep understanding of how their teams work, their needs and how privacy compliance can be operationalized into their teams
- Assist customer operations in managing responses to customers and partners according to the privacy notice, and in accordance with compliance to privacy laws and regulations
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) throughout the organization in order to track and address data protection issues, report, and escalate findings when necessary
- Engage external stakeholders where necessary as part of the PIA process in order to properly evaluate risk and recommend appropriate risk-management strategies
- Play an integral role in the company’s third-party risk management program, including conducting due diligence and supporting the Security and Legal teams in the review of vendors/processors
- Assist in the creation of global corporate policies, programs, and processes to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements
- Socialize, communicate, and continuously integrate organizational policies, procedures, and standards relating to privacy throughout the organization, and maintain appropriate documentation of the same
- Craft Privacy requirements and other guidelines to provide guidance on timely and recurring topics
- Help maintain data privacy training and awareness program
- Support organizational training & awareness efforts alongside other members of the Privacy Office through conducting educational seminars, promoting the Privacy Advocates Network, and continually contributing to an increasing culture of Privacy awareness and best practices
- Other responsibilities include
- Monitoring ongoing privacy compliance requirements, expectations, and best practices by attending and participating in privacy conferences, seminars, and webinars, in order to identify regulatory issues of critical importance to the company, and ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound regulatory advice
- Contributing to a standard of excellence and an atmosphere of collaboration within the Privacy Office
- Committing to living up to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Strategic Priorities of the Privacy Office as well as the values found in the Nu Skin Way
What you’ll need:
- Advanced understanding of global data privacy principles and laws, including GDPR, CCPA, PDPA, etc.
- Robust experience launching products and advising on the Privacy and regulatory aspects of product development in the technology space
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines for multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment where business initiatives and priorities are constantly evolving
- Proven ability to build relationships, influence and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders and departments, including engineers
- Excellent command of verbal and written communication for all levels of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience defining programs, writing detailed requirements, and delivering projects that meet dynamic business needs
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude, while maintaining excellent judgement
- IAPP certification(s) (CIPP, CIPM, etc.) or similar
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience including at least 3 years in a data privacy role; University degree related to Business, Law, Information Security, Computer Science, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to perform Privacy-by-Default and Privacy-by-Design consultations or similar
- Intermediate understanding of software development life cycles, agile methodologies, and cloud computing services
- Expertise in delivering and defining ambitious product, and/or organizational or process changes
- Proven ability to lead out on projects and produce results
Benefits & Perks:
You will be part of an engaged, inclusive, global community that values family, giving back, beauty, and sustainability. We offer competitive benefits to eligible employees with comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage; supplemental life, short-term, and disability insurance; free access to health coaches, therapists, and an onsite fitness center; a health savings account & 401k with company match; an incentive bonus program; and access to our top-quality beauty & wellness products. You’ll also be empowered to prioritize what’s important to you through flexible work arrangements and a generous vacation policy. Thinking about expanding your family? We have generous maternity and paternity leave, too.
We are committed to seeking, developing, and empowering diverse individuals and perspectives. We seek to be a global community where every employee, entrepreneur, and consumer knows and feels they belong. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and success at Nu Skin is independent of race, age, gender orientation, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing an application or participating in an interview because of a disability, please email our Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nu Skin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid for unsolicited candidates submitted directly to hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved vendors who have been requested to make a submission for a specific job opening by our Talent Acquisition team.
- Address Provo, UT, USA
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10